JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got a CZ sp01 tac a little bit ago brand new for a range/comp gun.
I love the gun but the trigger could use some work, I was going to send the gun to the cz custom shop. The shipping back and fourth will be like $80 plus the parts and work it will be over 300.
So does anyone know of local Portland area gunsmith familiar with cz's?
I always like to support local anyway and if it saves me some money shipping the gun back and fourth all the better.
I can find all the parts I want to put in the gun except for the 13lb mainspring, seems all the online ones I can find are out of stock.
You guys know of any other place that might a have it in stock?

I got the same gun in .40 about a year ago, abso-freaking-lutely love the gun at the range! Sorry, I don't know of a smith for you though. If you haven't yet, there is a CZ Forum out there with all the info you could ever want on your gun. There was a detailed, with pictures, tutorial on smoothing out the trigger on your gun. I wasn't going to try it myself, but if you have some confidence in your own mechanical abilities it may be something you want to try. Other info I got form the site was dry fire a bunch while holding pressure on the hammer, to help smooth the trigger pull. Doing that and time has smoothed the trigger for me in single action quit a bit. The double action is still pretty bad.

If you do find a qualified person to do the work let me know. $300.00 is too much though.

Good luck...

Mike

I was going to get the sw guide rod, 11lb recoil spring, and the 13lb hammer spring and put those in and see how it feels after that. The trigger will lighten up quite a bit from that alone but the creep will still be there. If I can't live with the creep I'll get the comp hammer and find a local gunsmith to put it in along with polishing up all the internals. I would love to sent it to the cz custom shop but everything I mentioned above with shipping will be more like $350 ugh!!!!

well I have done it and can help you if your in Southern OR......and your going to want to get rid of the creep, trust me. I took some pics of the process

FP,FP block, FP retaining pin and the CGW replace ment reduced power springs

FP channel was grubby probably from the factory

New carbide pin

Hammer, you can see the difference in the hooks, CGW on the left

New hammer and disconnector installed on the hammer strut

Polishing of under the trigger bar and the sear cage/trigger bar mating surfaces

New trigger return spring and floating pin

Looks awesome, don't know if I have the stones to tear mine down to do it myself yet. Maybe under the right supervision.
I have always been good at tearing things down and rebuilding them but I am defiantly no gunsmith.
I appreciate the offer but I don't get south very often.

Oil700 - Excellent photos and descriptions!!!
I have done the same mods and used the CGW hammers and adjustable sears plus CZ Custom Shop SAO triggers in a polished Stainless 75B, a 97B 45ACP, 75B .40 Compact, 75B 9mm compact and a pair of SP-01 Shadows. EXCELLENT results! Short and crisp and light triggers.
There are excellent videos on line and the Original CZ Forum is a wealth of information. I use 13# hammer springs in the 9mm guns and 11.5# with an extended firing pin in the .45.
CZ's are well designed and easy to work on plus they are inherently accurate from the factory.

if you are looking for a great cz gunsmith check out carl at federal way discount guns. he is here in federal way washington but worth it if looking somewhat local

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top