JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The weather today in Portland was just perfect so I took advantage of it and headed to a little spot I like to shoot at. Sadly it looks like it has been getting trashed lately... I posted this in the czfirearms forum but figured I'd post it here too.

I bought some more commercial reloads to shoot. They are manufactured by rogue defense and seemed like good quality reloads. I'm very excited to say there were no failures of any kind. I put up some targets at 20-25 feet just to see where I was grouping.

Here is the gun and ammo I was using.

My first shots in the center target were a bit low left which was me pulling the shots. They are the 5 shots low left of the large center target. One flier far low left.

Once I got warmed up I started shooting at the smaller corner targets and was really impressed with the accuracy. This was probably the best group I shot and I surprised my self at how tight this one grouped.

The sights are right on and will hit perfectly if I don't screw up the trigger pull. I focused on squeezing more slowly and this helped not pulling low left

Screwed this one up with another pulled far low left

Overall I am ecstatic on how the gun performed. I only fired 125 rounds today bringing the total rounds up to 230. My confidence in the gun has been restored after the last outing where it didn't extract a case. I just think that is breaking in and using factory reloaded cases. I inspected the barrel before shooting and it is perfectly normal.

Heres a cell phone video I quickly took shooting one handed. Not good quality and I couldn't get it to focus on the sights but you get the idea.
CZ SP-01 - YouTube

IMG_20140228_130006_295_zpsrfbbdvxv.jpg IMG_20140228_123333_450_zps60r7drip.jpg IMG_20140228_123327_958_zpsjuh0aqx4.jpg IMG_20140228_130937_411_zpst2qbt3zn.jpg IMG_20140228_130933_294_zpscxjnsqew.jpg IMG_20140228_123339_695_zps5ehubddw.jpg

I love mine in .40. The way those things are built they should last longer than I'll live! I would like to have the trigger kit put in it though, wish I had the nads to do it myself.

Mike

Gun fired and the shell was still in chamber after the gun cycled. Wasn't a squib. I think the factory reload was maybe just a bad shell or just not enough power to fully cycle the slide. Released mag and pulled slide back. Empty shell came out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top