JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love the way the factory rubber grips feel - but I've noticed that the grips, because they are not rigid, will sometimes peel away from the frame. This is irritating at the least. I'm on the hunt for grips that have the same profile and a similar feel in the hand - I do NOT want the alternative factory plastic grips - they're a bit too...slick and lifeless...for what like. I'm thinking a nice set of wood grips - checkered - with the same contours and profiles of the rubber or plastic grips would be great. Or something made out of G10 / Micarta.

So far all I've found online have been flat profile grips - nothing that has the same flares and recesses - the same curves and feel - as the factory grips come with. I'm not looking for thinner, I'm not looking for flat. I think the ergos of the factory grips are hard to beat. I just want something a tad more rigid without going with the slicker plastic factory grips. And wood or micarta would add just a touch of extra class to the gun.

Will be interested to hear what options their are. I haven't had any issues with my P-01 grips, but then I don't shoot it that much. Absolutely love the gun however -- still among the best fitting and shooting I've tried.

Have you thought about just buying some spare replacements from CZ?

I have used LOK Grips [G-10] on several of my babies. Looking at a new set for my own CZ. Love the way they feel and fit. Less than VZs too. You might want to check them out.

Will be interested to hear what options their are. I haven't had any issues with my P-01 grips, but then I don't shoot it that much. Absolutely love the gun however -- still among the best fitting and shooting I've tried.

Have you thought about just buying some spare replacements from CZ?

Yeah but its the design and materials - ive read a bunch of other complaints on the rubber grips peeling back. Its because they are not rigid. The factory plastic grips are identical in profile but a bit less grippy. I think its a good excuse to hunt for nicer grips. The factory ones work fine usually but i notice during dry practice sometimes when i grip the gun before a draw the corner of the grip peels back or gets bunched up. Its just a bit annoying.

Look a these:

They will fit the PCR or P-01 and Compacts.

These days...a P-01 ( or PCR) is a bit heavy for me to carry (bad back) but they are sweet with stock or custom
grips like those from Dennis Marschal.:cool:

PCR-NITES-3.jpg p98.jpg

Check ebay

I have but so far none posts descriptions or profile pix - just flat pix of the side of the grips. Can't tell profile, and most of the sellers are in Asia and don't/won't respond to inquiries. I'm almost, almost tempted to buy some epoxy resin and canvas and make some knock off micarta grips at this point.

Look a these:

They will fit the PCR or P-01 and Compacts.

These days...a P-01 ( or PCR) is a bit heavy for me to carry (bad back) but they are sweet with stock or custom
grips like those from Dennis Marschal.:cool:

Can't tell - are those finger grooves or just discoloration in the photo on the sides of the grips? These seem to be the closest I've seen to what I'm looking for.

Welps, a family member gave me an Amazon gift card, and I dropped some of that e-coin on a set of LOK G-10 grips, in black and OD. I couldn't tell from their pictures if they have the scalloping the factory grips do, but they looked good and I'm not really out anything if I hate them. Will take some pix when they arrive next week.

Got the new grips this evening in the mail. All I can say is "WOW" - and I'm not yet sure if it's a good WOW or a bad WOW - but these grips are strikingly different in feel. There's no sculpting on the sides - no palm swell, no thumb shelf. They are flat, checkered, and remarkably thin. They sit no wider than the widest point of the frame not including the decocker/slide stop levers. My wife loved the feel, she's got small hands and loves thin grips.

I do like the grip texture, and love the look. Not to sound like a girl, but now I need to make a new holster to match :D olive grips with a blood red holster ain't the prettiest combination. I'm thinking I need to go back to basic black.

Before
q4bzBZf.jpg

After
39DCR8n.jpg

q4bzBZf.jpg

39DCR8n.jpg

Sweet. Really sweet. Happy you like the LOK grips too.

They are growing on me. I miss the flares / palm swell of the factory grips - the shape of those grips was as perfect as I've held on a pistol - but the rubber was too soft and would deform. The factory hard plastic grips I'm not a fan of - they feel slick and cheap - even though they are identical in shape to the rubber.

These grips being slim and flat they give the gun a totally different feel, not bad but not as good as the OEM grips. I really like the checkering - it's about perfect as gar as grippiness and feel go - like a nice set of checkered walnut grips. The looks of the G10 are unbeatable - they almost look like dyed wood.

Overall I'm happy - and I don't think the slimmer grips will effect shootability in a negative way for me. If anything they make the gun more usable for my wife as she has shorter fingers than I do and the double action trigger was a bit of a reach for her.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews