JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've put 150 or so rounds through the new CZ without a hitch. Went to the range with my first 40 reloads and was having no problem, shot pretty dang good too. started with a couple of mags of factory, then went to my reloads. Pull the trigger, bang, bang, CLICK. Eject by hand, pull the trigger, CLICK...Last one click. First of the three duds had an obvious light strike on the primer and the other two had no strike. I racked the gun a few times and dry fired. I put the three in the other mag and they went bang. The rest of the reloads went with out a problem. Shot a couple more mags of factory after that also with out a problem.

Any input? Gun was cleaned and oiled when I brought it home from the store. The gun was dry on the inside, rails and such. Seemed like other guns I've got new were all goobed up with grease from the factory though? Is it possible they asembled a new gun with no oil/grease on the firing pin?

Mike

By what you decribe it sounds like something got lodged in the firing pin channel and worked it's way out when you dry fired. Could have been a fleck of brass or really dirty powder.

Or maybe it wouldn't fire because it was out of battery like the .40 reload case was hitting the ridge of gunk left by the shorter factory loads....... but i wouldn't think you'd get light strikes more like no strikes.

By what you decribe it sounds like something got lodged in the firing pin channel and worked it's way out when you dry fired. Could have been a fleck of brass or really dirty powder.

Or maybe it wouldn't fire because it was out of battery like the .40 reload case was hitting the ridge of gunk left by the shorter factory loads....... but i wouldn't think you'd get light strikes more like no strikes.

Shorter factory loads? I haven't measured any of them? Seeing as it's a new gun, a bit of flotsom in the firing in channel makes the most sense. The Magtech ammo that I put through it left it cleaner than any ammo I've used, in any of my guns!

No oil in the firing pin channel? That's a new one for me, I've always thought that metal on metal friction was a bad thing.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads