JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Over the past month I have ordered some magazines and a bolt for my CZ 527 in 7.62 x39.

No surprise, the guys that have helped me with my orders have told me that they're overwhelmed with the recall.

I guess the good news is that it sounds like an easy fix. Barrels will be permanently attached is what they told me.

From the CZ link:
" As a result, the barrels on CZ 600 rifles will no longer be interchangeable. CZ-USA understands that this solution may not be acceptable to some of our customers, in which case we will issue a full refund upon presentation of a valid receipt for the purchase of your rifle."

I would be happy to purchase a 600 that's had it's barrel permanently attached after a customer choose to turn it in for a refund. (But I would not be surprised if CZ chose to destroy them.)

That's a kick in the knickers. From the site it sounds like they are handling it pretty well though.

Parenthetically, the Lux version looks lovely. :)

1654049146547.png

^^ If they can get past this recall I will be happy to purchase a Lux version in .223. (Although I cannot understand why they don't offer it in 7.62 x 39)

I have a New England Custom Gun Service Ghost Ring & Peep sight set on my 527. After shooting it with the peep sights there's no way I would scope this rifle shooing 7.62 x 39. It's so light, handy, and accurate. I love it.

It's not like my 527 is the best bolt rifle I own. But given it's price point and it's market competitors I believe it's remarkable.

One review I saw said that CZ could not offer a rifle like this if they had to pay U.S. labor costs.

Last Edited:
CZ USA has been handling the recall well. They sent me a box and a prepaid shipping label, rifle received by them (got an email to confirm), and an estimate of 4-6 weeks to get it back to me.

That's a kick in the knickers. From the site it sounds like they are handling it pretty well though.

Parenthetically, the Lux version looks lovely. :)

View attachment 1211745
That's the preview version - like Microsoft software, it's always presented as much prettier than the shrink wrapped.
Or the 200lb difference between profile images and in-person individuals on dating sites.
In other words, you might not like the weld bead and bb tracks across the stock on the delivered one.... :D
Sooo glad I still have a 550.

That's the preview version - like Microsoft software, it's always presented as much prettier than the shrink wrapped.
Or the 200lb difference between profile images and in-person individuals on dating sites.
In other words, you might not like the weld bead and bb tracks across the stock on the delivered one.... :D
Sooo glad I still have a 550.
Yup love my 527 American, real nice fit/finish, shoots like a laser beam.

Follow-up. I got my CZ 600 Lux back from CZ USA. It took about five weeks including shipping in both directions. CZ USA paid for all shipping.

A minor inconvenience.

Follow-up. I got my CZ 600 Lux back from CZ USA. It took about five weeks including shipping in both directions. CZ USA paid for all shipping.

A minor inconvenience.
I'm thinking seriously about a 600 Alpha in .223, but I do have one question you might be able to answer for me. How long are the mags? Do you have any idea of the max overall length they'll handle? With its 1:7 twist it should be good with longer, heavier bullets, but if it's mag limited to around AR length (2.26"), I'd be just as well off with a Ruger American Ranch that takes AR mags. Thanks!

Dave

@daved20319 the 600 Lux comes with a 5-round mag for the .223. I have not yet been able to find or acquire additional mags. The 5-round mag fits flush with the rifle. I'd like a few 10-round mags if they became available.

I think the 600 Trail in .223 will accept an AR-15 mag. I don't know about the 600 Alpha - suggest contacting CZ or checking their website for details.

The 527 is awesome. I have it in 2 flavors. (6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39I got the suppressor ready versions and put wood stocks on them that I snagged off of ebay for a song.
The ship has long but sailed, I don't foresee myself ever owning one as I waited way too long to buy one. Thankfully the 457s are still wildly available and I'm thinking a few more wouldn't hurt. Especially if they follow suit with the big brother 527. Prices on the 527 online are nuts! The 600s are starting much higher than the 527s did too. I guess everything is going up in price, so I'm not sure why I'm complaining really.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top