Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CZ-52 Users, Replacement Pin Review!

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Contract_Pilot, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

Yesterday I got a CZ form a Forum User, Was A Great Deal!! so I jumped on it.

I bring it home and Disassemble for cleaning and inspection, As usual the cast firing pin showed some stress is to be expected. In another trade I had a Firing Pin from BCA INDUSTRIES
    http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/cz52.htm

Wow!!! compared to the original cast pin the BCA INDUSTRIES was by far better quality and simple to install.

They also guarantee it for 2 years for only $18.50 the machine quality and fit is very good.

Thanks again to the seller for such a great pistol it fit's nicely in it's new home "my safe" were it will live till I die.

2. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

i have several cz52's and have never had a firing pin problem but a spare never hurt anything. get the hardened rollers they are a good investment and may get hard to find in time. a 9mm barrel is great if they ever reappear. If you want to fix the trigger pull it is real easy no parts needed and does not make the pistol unsafe as some fixes do just p.m. for directions.

3. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

i got the harrington competition pin not that i had a problem with the original trigger pull i wanted one that would not break and might as well get the better one . this pin made it a sweet trigger pull BUT now the decocker works as a trigger as well so when i de cock it the hammer falls which is a concern when using the safety not to over push it i might see about welding a stop on it so it cant accidently pushed too far but a sweet shooter

i really don't see a point in coverting it to 9mm though when 9 double the price . should the 7.62 dry up then i'd look into it

4. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

the harrington pin requires the removal of the firing pin plunger that removes the drop safety as well as the decocker they may not tell you that in their directions. I choose not to use it for that reason .