Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CZ 512 22mag semi auto!!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by magnum, Jun 19, 2012.

1. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

I was researching some CZ rimfire rifles and I came upon this: CZ-USA -> CZ 512
    WOW!!!:wow: I didn't know there was any current production 22mag semiautos out there. I'm gonna look long and hard at this one. Might be on my short "to buy" list.:winner:

2. Whaler

Whaler Sequim, WA Well-Known Member

Very nice, that is going on my to buy list right behind the CZ 455 American that is next on the list.

3. davidgpo

davidgpo Seattle Member

I thought that model was discontinued?

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

The local shop has a Remington 597 in 22mag,right now.

Now the 22 wasn't intended for a semi auto,but it does work........if the manufacturer has done it right.
    The problem with the 22mag is it is the same diameter but longer.Making it harder to tune the gun so it will cycle perfectly .That's why there is very few 22mag semis out there.The long skinny cartridge doesn't always want to cooperate.
    The Kel Tec states in the owners manual what round are best.
    Most 22s can be finicky on what ammo you should use.22 mags are worse.

With all that said,CZ may have done this rifle perfect.But do you want to be the one who finds out different? For $450+?
    I would love to have a CZ22mag bolt gun.Not sure I would risk the money for a 22mag semi.
    22mag semis aren't big sellers ,new or used

5. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I don't get why you'd go for .22WMR instead of .223, when it's more expensive, lower performance, and harder to feed.

6. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

I would love to have one had a rem 597 that worked ok but the CZ would be hot.

7. Dipstick

Dipstick Turner, Oregon Active Member

Kel-Tec RMR .22 Magnum semi auto rifle scheduled for release end of this year. It will use the same 30 round mag as the PMR 30.