Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR CZ 453 Varmint 17 HMR

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by 5w30, Jun 17, 2015.

1. 5w30

5w30 Portland Member

I have for sale a CZ 453 Varmint that has not been fired since leaving the Czech Republic.

The factory gear comes with it.

$575 and I'll meet near the Washington Square mall. ID

SOLD

453-2.jpg

453-3.jpg

453-1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    beavernation likes this.
  2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Creswell Active Member

Any chance of meeting half way to Eugene.

3. 5w30

5w30 Portland Member

Sorry no my free time is too scarce to do that and frankly as a seller I always meet near my home to avoid conflict of interest.

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Creswell Active Member

No problem, I understand. Im retired so have a bit more free time. Im interested in your 453 but probably wont be able to make it up to Portland any time soon. I see theres a 455 advertised in Salem maybe I'll take a peek at it. I see yours has a nicer stock, I'm really not sure what if any other differences there are. If any of our company cancels I get ahold of you and come up. Thanks

5. 5w30

5w30 Portland Member

There are a few significant differences in the current 455 models and the 452/3 models that preceded it. 455 barrels are clamped to the receiver with set screws so that the barrels are interchangeable. 452/3 barrels are threaded into the receiver. This 453 model also has a single set trigger which should be researched.

If you've never stopped over at rimfirecentral . com, there is a healthy CZ forum there. That is where I learned about these rifles as the addiction of owning them set in. I'll never own a 455 when I can have 452 and 453 models. I have my reasons, and this is a well argued topic, but I'm certainly not alone.

6. aasbra

aasbra Portland Active Member

Nice rifle. I really enjoy my CZ rimfires, especially the 453 with the set trigger. GLWS

7. 5w30

5w30 Portland Member

Thank you. Yep, nothing like a CZ rimfire. Only putting this one for sale because it is redundant.

8. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have this rifle with a fluted barrel. It should be illegal for sage rats.