JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I handled CZ's new-ish P10F polymer pistol for the first time last fall & liked it. What I didn't like was the cost of extra magazines. I need 5, the gun comes with 2, & the 3 extra are $60.00 each. (Three times $60.00 plus tax equals 1/3 the cost of the P10F!)

Ya, I was scouting for a new 9mm pistol. The Superior CZ Shadow2 is way more money, has a minuscule fiber optic front sight, the magazine release sticks out too far, & the bilateral safety is too flat. So the S2 got ruled out. The other contender is a gen5 Glock 17, but is $200.00 more than the CZ P10F, or if you like, EQUAL in overall cost to the G17 with the 3 extra mags added in.

in the end a deal came up on a S&W 3rd generation 4516 in 45acp that rejuvenated my interest in the 45acp cartridge. And it came with 5 mags.....

Your title asks if the P10F is likable but your body is all about the magazine costs. A handgun platform is more than just the magazine cost.

I have a number of 10x6 handguns where the magazines are no longer made and cost $85+ used. I love the handgun anyways.

If you're looking for a low cost of ownership handgun, I think Glock is a great way to go.

Not many handguns where the magazine cost is significantly below $30 a piece.

I don't like the P10 series thanks to trigger slap... Or pinch? I find the edge of my finger is bitten between the end of the trigger and the trigger guard during recoil or some other phenomenon. I have fired a lot of other handguns and I've never had this problem before. I was thinking of getting the P10C when it was new on the market but that stopped my purchase right there.

I purchased a new 10C version about 18 months ago.
Early pleasure gave way to obvious trigger binding issues within several hundred rounds, and the LGS-purchased owner-gunsmith could not repair after 2 attempts. After several hundred more rounds with increasing FAIL, it was returned to factory.
After too many months, after 3 days of trying to elicit a response from customer service, they finally advised it had been damaged during repair process. They replaced with a new exact model.

Upon receipt, close functional exam of trigger side play demonstrated the same exact prelude to the failure of the 1st one. I refused to fire it and managed to talk the LGS into giving me store credit on original purchase.

Despite many desirable features, mine was unreliable and unrepairable by either local or (slow)factory(very slow) 'smiths. The magazines always worked. I got extras from GregCote.com; make sure yours works. Personally, I'm done with the P-10 series. Good luck.

ETA: after review of 'trigger slap' comments above, I forgot to mention my first session with the 10C actually left me with BLISTER on trigger finger, due to abnormal trigger function I simply failed to identify.

I handled CZ's new-ish P10F polymer pistol for the first time last fall & liked it. What I didn't like was the cost of extra magazines. I need 5, the gun comes with 2, & the 3 extra are $60.00 each. (Three times $60.00 plus tax equals 1/3 the cost of the P10F!)

Ya, I was scouting for a new 9mm pistol. The Superior CZ Shadow2 is way more money, has a minuscule fiber optic front sight, the magazine release sticks out too far, & the bilateral safety is too flat. So the S2 got ruled out. The other contender is a gen5 Glock 17, but is $200.00 more than the CZ P10F, or if you like, EQUAL in overall cost to the G17 with the 3 extra mags added in.

in the end a deal came up on a S&W 3rd generation 4516 in 45acp that rejuvenated my interest in the 45acp cartridge. And it came with 5 mags.....
Not sure where they're charging $60 per mag but my CZ P09 uses the P10F mags and I bought several from the Big Daddy Unlimited site for about $35 each. Even on other sites I feel like I was finding them in the low $40s and that was for the 21 round +2 capacity mag.

I like mine, not totally in love with it. I have hand issues and not sure the grip is right for me. I also would like a better trigger. It's not horrible, but no where near as nice as my wifes PPQ match.

I think the 21rd magazines are $36 at Sporting Systems here in Vancouver.

I have both. P10c and shadow 2. P10c has its quirks but I have completely converted to that platform and have sold all my glocks except my 17. Mags arnt to bad. But the ergonomics make it worth it. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

once in a while I even carry my shadow 2 but it's a little heavy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top