JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well shot buckshot for the first time yesterday in the saiga and it cycled fine. Daaaaamn buckshot kicks hard. After firing 25 or so rounds of buck shot I tried normal target loads and they didn't cycle.

I was lucky enough to have one that came out the box perfect. My brother did not. His was a PITA. The fix was having a smith ream the gas ports in the barrel. The auto plug aided at first but it still did not solve the issue.

I wish you the best of luck.

keep in mind, like trainsktg said this was desinged as a combat shotgun, not a bird-getter, even though import laws make it look like a sporting gun. run a ton of buckshot thru it, or follow the guides on the saiga forums if you want to run cheap low brass stuff reliably.
Are you going to convert it (back to its true ak form)?

Find yourself some hi base full power loads and buy 300 rounds of it! Lube it up good and break that thing in.

I've worked on a few you could say ...:) , I've found big burrs in the gas port thru holes into the barrel a few times. And gas systems that were test fired with the dirtiest ammo ever ... Make sure the gas piston isn't stuck in place..

Poke over to the Saiga Forum at Saiga-12.com (IIRC). I'm a member over there but haven't been over in a while, and they're pretty good about how to fix technicals like this. (Not yet a Saiga owner, haven't found one at a price I like.)

The gas-regulator ("gas plug" above the barrel) frequently requires different settings for various loads, and one of the accessories that some of the creative sorts over there have developed is a self-adjusting regulator.

I bought the tromix auto plug for mine,loaded it just about everything,low brass,00,4 shot 6,8 shot and went out and cranked off all 13 from my mag and it cycled everything without a hitch,think I paid 49.99 for the auto plug.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top