JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Colonial Pipeline, the main conduit carrying gasoline and diesel fuel to the U.S. East Coast, said it had halted all operations after being hit with a cyberattack.

Colonial Pipeline Co., which operates the 5,500-mile system taking fuel from the refineries of the Gulf Coast up to the New York metro area, said it learned Friday that it was the victim of the attack and "took certain systems offline to contain the threat, which has temporarily halted all pipeline operations."

The company said it had engaged a third-party cybersecurity firm to help with the issue, which affected some of its IT systems, and had contacted federal agencies and law enforcement.

The Colonial Pipeline is the largest refined-products pipeline in the U.S., transporting more than 100 million gallons per day, or roughly 45% of fuel consumed on the East Coast, according to the company's website. It delivers fuels including gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and heating oil, and also serves U.S. military facilities.

"At this time, our primary focus is the safe and efficient restoration of our service and our efforts to return to normal operation," the company said in a statement. "This process is already underway, and we are working diligently to address this matter and to minimize disruption to our customers."

hard to know what is truth, and what is narrative these days in the mainstream... let's see who is blamed for the answer...

1) "That would've been my answer. Test in progress."
It's a good bet that the perps will be analyzing every aspect of the effects and how it is dealt with.

2) "Greta did it." "How dare you."
If there is anything I can't stand it's self-righteous little prigs who think we need them for guidance. Or anything else.
Davey-Boy Hogg is another one.

The place I work for got hit earlier this year, over 20 stores went down at 2:00 am.
Computers that were off and restarted not connected to the network were unlocked but any programs on the server was locked out.
They tried for about a month to get in and Cyber Security was brought in along with the Feds but in the end they paid.
Mum's the word from up top on what was paid but it was more than the $3 million that the insurance was capped at.
We never heard of where it originated from or the delivery method but an e-mail is suspected.
The Cyber guys said other stuff had been hit like the Baltimore Water Works IIRC and also paid millions.

Covid, lockdowns, economic problems, supply chain issues, craziest election in a lifetime, Middle East and foreign nations running amuck, now massive cyber attacks!

Makes one wonder if ignorance is still the best choice of action in today's world.

And....

I'm going back to being blissfully ignorant!!!

Stuff happens. This is why people should prepare for things like this happening. Fortunately I can and do work from home now (when I have a job) as do a lot more people - but I have a 55 gallon drum of treated gas and usually have 10 gallons more in safety cans. I always keep my daily driver at least half full now (previously, when I commuted 60 miles every day, that would have meant filling it twice a week).

Reminds me that I need to get diesel too - next time I go into town.

montgomery-burns-excellent.jpg

speaking of 'security' our home computer is target to daily multi-dozen of spam/various laughable scams/internet upgrade/and new VOICE email something-or-other opportunity.

hard to know what is truth, and what is narrative these days in the mainstream... let's see who is blamed for the answer...
Seems like some group calling itself "Darkside", possibly from Russia.

We'll see how the mainstream media, aka the Ministry of Propaganda for the Atheist Marxist Cabal, attempts to pin this on Trump.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads