Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  1. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

Once I have read your ad and you call for a cwp to make the sale. I will not waste my time readding another one of your ads.

2. Hungus

Hungus SE Portland Member

Ok...

3. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Assuming cwp means concealed weapon permit I can understand as oregon does not have a "Concealed Weapon Permit", but a "Concealed Handgun License" If you have a problem with somone wanting to cover their arse there might be an underlying reason?

4. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

enough said

5. GRUNDEL

GRUNDEL Washougal Area Active Member

As a seller I can ask you to stand on one foot and touch your nose, or jump through a hoop if I want to, and as a buyer you have the option not to buy from me.

What if the seller is asking to see your I.D. and wants your signature on a bill of sale? Would that be a problem?

I am just not seeing the issue unless you don't have a CHL. I understand its not required by law but it is the sellers option to ask to see it.

6. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I would ONLY sell a weapon to someone with a concealed weapon permit. This covers my butt and protects society from criminals buying guns. That way I could even sell to someone with a tatoo on their neck, knowing that they had been cleared (or expunged) of any history of crime. This is sometimes called in Oregon a CWP for "concealed weapon permit" or a CCL for "concealed carry license" and in Washington I guess they call it a CPL for "concealed pistol license."

It is the SELLER who sets the terms, and the buyer can take it or leave it.........................elsullo :cool:

7. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Amen brotha, we agree to store terms when we go into them why should an individual seller be any different?