Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Customize a Ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by twoclones, Nov 24, 2009.

1. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

I want to give a Ruger 10/22 to my daughter for Christmas and plan to carve a wildlife scene into the stock to make it special. After looking at the various stock models, I decided I like the Sporter stock the best as it would allow me room to carve oak leaves, acorns and the fishsale pattern as well. So far so good.

I'd much prefer to give her a stainless model and the Sporter doesn't come in stainless :( So my question is, "If I could find a Sporter stock to carve, would if fit the stainless steel carbine model?"

Anyone have a spare 10/22 Sporter stock they'd sell to me?

10-22dsp.jpg

2. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

Yes it will fit.

Have you considered buying an aftermarket stock?

3. twoclones

I did consider. All the wood stocks I found were either laminated [no good for my purpose] or they cost as much as the original gun :(

4. twoclones

It seems that Ruger makes the exact configuration I want [stainless steel w/ sporter stock] exclusively for Wal-mart. Closest Wally selling guns is 30 miles away. Next closest is 75 miles away and past 4 which do not sell guns. On the brighter side, they told me I could call to ask and when they have gotten one in, they will hold it for me for a few hours.

Apparently they are sold the same day they come in most times.

5. Thule

Thule Monroe, WA Member

I have a 10/22 with a Sporter stock and it's actually pretty nice. Much nicer than the original stock in my opinion.

I was going to leave it in stock configuration but If you could come up with a Hogue Overmold stock in ghillie green (like this one: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=795281) I might be tempted to part with it :)

6. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

They have them on eBay ... I was just looking there last night for a Magnum Stock. A few of the Hogue Overmolded stocks there ... good prices too.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_IncludeSIF=1&_nkw=Hogue Overmolded&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

7. popsgunner

popsgunner Eagle, Idaho New Member

I have several stock stocks(lol) For 15 a piece, brand new plus shipping to you, ley me know. They are just like the picture above.
    Robert
    RK Gunsmithing
    208-467-3075

8. Thule

Thule Monroe, WA Member

9. twoclones

I finally got the stainles, sporter 10/22 for my daughter's Christmas gift! :thumbup: I suppose she'll want upgrades for her birthday...

10. badazzelanore

badazzelanore Silverdale, WA Member

Lucky daughter!!! My boss just bought his son a S&W M&P15-22, spent about 600 with all the extra's. I have a 7 month old and Im already planning on her first gun.

What was the price of the 10/22 at walmart? Thanks.

11. twoclones

The stainless carbine, with synthetic stock, was under $250 at Wal-mart. I bought the 10/22 performance mods DVD from www.TheWorks1022.com and immediately tore the rifle apart to slick up the action and modify the bolt lock.