JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to give a Ruger 10/22 to my daughter for Christmas and plan to carve a wildlife scene into the stock to make it special. After looking at the various stock models, I decided I like the Sporter stock the best as it would allow me room to carve oak leaves, acorns and the fishsale pattern as well. So far so good.

I'd much prefer to give her a stainless model and the Sporter doesn't come in stainless :( So my question is, "If I could find a Sporter stock to carve, would if fit the stainless steel carbine model?"

Anyone have a spare 10/22 Sporter stock they'd sell to me?

10-22dsp.jpg

It seems that Ruger makes the exact configuration I want [stainless steel w/ sporter stock] exclusively for Wal-mart. Closest Wally selling guns is 30 miles away. Next closest is 75 miles away and past 4 which do not sell guns. On the brighter side, they told me I could call to ask and when they have gotten one in, they will hold it for me for a few hours.

Apparently they are sold the same day they come in most times.

I have a 10/22 with a Sporter stock and it's actually pretty nice. Much nicer than the original stock in my opinion.

I was going to leave it in stock configuration but If you could come up with a Hogue Overmold stock in ghillie green (like this one: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=795281) I might be tempted to part with it :)

They have them on eBay ... I was just looking there last night for a Magnum Stock. A few of the Hogue Overmolded stocks there ... good prices too.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_IncludeSIF=1&_nkw=Hogue Overmolded&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Lucky daughter!!! My boss just bought his son a S&W M&P15-22, spent about 600 with all the extra's. I have a 7 month old and Im already planning on her first gun.

What was the price of the 10/22 at walmart? Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top