JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You only have one mag? If if was me? I would either use some lay out fluid and mark the mag, (dry erase marker can often work for this) to see if I could figure out where it was hanging up and feel safe fixing it, buy another mag to test, or just live with it. If none of this works for you, sounds like they are wiling to take it back and see and send it back on their dime. So you have to decide how important it is to you?
Yep, only one mag. I love Sako, but their 'extras' are super pricey, even Remy 700 mags are pricey. Never lost a mag, (yet). The thing about Sako 85 mag release, if you are not familiar, is that you have to push the mag up, only slightly, and the press the releasing lever, which should allow the mag to drop free at its normal weight. My other two Sako 85s work perfectly. So, yes, I am sending the mag alone back to Sako, as instructed. At least, I do not have to send the whole rifle!

Yep, only one mag. I love Sako, but their 'extras' are super pricey, even Remy 700 mags are pricey. Never lost a mag, (yet). The thing about Sako 85 mag release, if you are not familiar, is that you have to push the mag up, only slightly, and the press the releasing lever, which should allow the mag to drop free at its normal weight. My other two Sako 85s work perfectly. So, yes, I am sending the mag alone back to Sako, as instructed. At least, I do not have to send the whole rifle!
Ok now that makes it a whole different thing. I thought you meant you had to send them the rifle. If they will let you send just the mag then hell yes, send it. Since you have others I assume you can do without having use of this rifle for a while so let them either fix or replace the mag.

I recently found that my Ruger American had a crack in the trigger guard. I really love this gun for it's accuracy and how light it is to carry in the woods. I called Ruger and the next day they replied in an e-mail that there were sending me a brand new stock UPS. That's great customer service.
Good to know there's still companies out there that will stand behind their customers, no questions asked.
I had a similar experience with Sennheiser.
In 1983 I bought a pair of Sennheiser headphones and enjoyed them for many years (still do, in fact).
In 1998, I found the foam ear pads were rotting away and I wrote the company, asking about replacement ear pads (one of the first emails I ever wrote, IIRC).
....THE NEXT DAY...
My mailbox contained a plastic bag from them with brand new ear pads inside....at no charge to me.
Now THAT is customer service! :s0166:

Dean

Update to my original post:
When I received the replacement stock the magazine would not fit in the hole because they have changed the style of stock. I called them and because my deer hunt started very soon they next day air shipped all the needed parts to me. So Ruger did an excellent job on customer service all the way around.

Good to know there's still companies out there that will stand behind their customers, no questions asked.
I had a similar experience with Sennheiser.
In 1983 I bought a pair of Sennheiser headphones and enjoyed them for many years (still do, in fact).
In 1998, I found the foam ear pads were rotting away and I wrote the company, asking about replacement ear pads (one of the first emails I ever wrote, IIRC).
....THE NEXT DAY...
My mailbox contained a plastic bag from them with brand new ear pads inside....at no charge to me.
Now THAT is customer service! :s0166:

Dean

I have the same problem with my Sony wireless headphones connected to my TV so I can watch into the night w/o disturbing da wifey. The foam pads are completely gone. Ya think Sony will step up??? ;)

Well, now I'll give kudos to Vortex Optics
I had a Razor AMG holosight that drained batteries overnight. And yes, I made sure the sight was turned off!
Anyway 3 batteries were eaten before I decided it was an issue, 2 from a package I had at home then a brand new battery so I sent it back and within 10 days of mailing it, I had a brand new AMG that doesn't eat batteries!
The Vortex warranty is for real, folks.

I had an issue with a broken pin in my old (did I say old?) Ruger 22/45 pistol. Apparently the schematics that they had were wrong for my serial number as they had made changes. It took a little while to get the correct part but it was zero out of my pocket. I offered to return the several incorrect pins back but they just said keep them "just in case". Ruger is a stand up company, now if we could get them to reintroduce the 10/44!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top