JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently found that my Ruger American had a crack in the trigger guard. I really love this gun for it's accuracy and how light it is to carry in the woods. I called Ruger and the next day they replied in an e-mail that there were sending me a brand new stock UPS. That's great customer service.

I recently found that my Ruger American had a crack in the trigger guard. I really love this gun for it's accuracy and how light it is to carry in the woods. I called Ruger and the next day they replied in an e-mail that there were sending me a brand new stock UPS. That's great customer service.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my .308 Tikka, but my .308 RAR is (ATM) my preferred hunting rifle. With it's preferred load the first three shots are SPOT ON until the barrel heats up, but even then it's still more than enough to hunt with.

Ahem, then there's the fact that when hunting and you need more than 1 or 2 shots to make a kill, you ain't doing it right in the first place. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my .308 Tikka, but my .308 RAR is (ATM) my preferred hunting rifle. With it's preferred load the first three shots are SPOT ON until the barrel heats up, but even then it's still more than enough to hunt with.

Ahem, then there's the fact that when hunting and you need more than 1 or 2 shots to make a kill, you ain't doing it right in the first place. ;)

People shoot more than twice???

Are they hitting anything??? :eek::eek::eek:

From the sounds of all the shooting when I'm out elk hunting, I think most are sighting in on opening morning!!! :rolleyes:

Woah there just a sec. They're sending you something without you sending anything back first?

You don't hear about that kind of service anymore. That's awesome!

People shoot more than twice???

Are they hitting anything??? :eek::eek::eek:

From the sounds of all the shooting when I'm out elk hunting, I think most are sighting in on opening morning!!! :rolleyes:

LOL, years ago I used to get together with a few guys in the off season. We would set a meet and then head out and have a set time to meet back. Would shoot Jack Rabits. Everyone put a $10 in the pot, whoever came back with the heaviest rabbit won the pot. Back then this was a nice chunk of change so the winner would of course buy all lunch when we got back. So one day I take a buddy who had never really hunted and had no .22. He borrowed a Mini14 from a friend. Every time we would spot a target he would run 10 to 15 rounds off at it. All he did was get the rabbits laughing at him. A few times I would start laughing so much I could hardly target what I was shooting at. I was wondering what others who could hear us must have thought we were doing :D

Today I called Beretta/ SAKO about my 85 not free-dropping its mag, they told me to send it in so they could test it. Hmm. They said they would replace and return to me at no cost to me if necessary to replace and the return shipping will be on them. I own three 85s: one in 270 win, 30-06, and 6.5 Swede but only the Swede is problematic one so I am not able to test it myself by simply swapping mags between the rifles. SAKO mags are pricey!!

Any thoughts?

LOL, years ago I used to get together with a few guys in the off season. We would set a meet and then head out and have a set time to meet back. Would shoot Jack Rabits. Everyone put a $10 in the pot, whoever came back with the heaviest rabbit won the pot. Back then this was a nice chunk of change so the winner would of course buy all lunch when we got back. So one day I take a buddy who had never really hunted and had no .22. He borrowed a Mini14 from a friend. Every time we would spot a target he would run 10 to 15 rounds off at it. All he did was get the rabbits laughing at him. A few times I would start laughing so much I could hardly target what I was shooting at. I was wondering what others who could hear us must have thought we were doing :D

Well of COURSE he didn't hit anything.... he was using a mini-14! :s0140:

Now, had them rabbits been around a corner from you theyda been dead meat!! :D

I have had great customer service with both Springfield and Ruger. Love it when that happens.
Anytime I hear of someone who gets a "problem" from any gun maker this is what I always hope to hear as a follow up. How the Co. treated the buyer. I know it sucks to get a new gun and have problems but, ALL mass manufacturers are going to have some slip past. What makes far more weight with me is how do they treat the buyer after. Decades back I had a BIG case of "I want" for a certain gunl that was very hard to get. You either paid high price, or waited years to get one at MSRP. A couple times I had a really great day at a show and had a pocket full of cash and had one in my hand. Only thing that kept me from buying was even the gun rags, who were loath to admit any gun had problems, had several times mentioned the horrid customer service. It kept me from buying the gun. Even though most of them worked great, which was why people were paying that price for them.

Today I called Beretta/ SAKO about my 85 not free-dropping its mag, they told me to send it in so they could test it. Hmm. They said they would replace and return to me at no cost to me if necessary to replace and the return shipping will be on them. I own three 85s: one in 270 win, 30-06, and 6.5 Swede but only the Swede is problematic one so I am not able to test it myself by simply swapping mags between the rifles. SAKO mags are pricey!!

Any thoughts?

You only have one mag? If if was me? I would either use some lay out fluid and mark the mag, (dry erase marker can often work for this) to see if I could figure out where it was hanging up and feel safe fixing it, buy another mag to test, or just live with it. If none of this works for you, sounds like they are wiling to take it back and see and send it back on their dime. So you have to decide how important it is to you?

I have had great luck with customer service from Ruger, who replaced their SA BCG that came stock in my AR556 with an FA version, as well as sending me retention pins and mags for an lcp I bought that came without the former. Also the same from Glock, SCCY, Taurus, SOG and Century.

I just dealt with Ruger today about two issues. FWIW, we will not talk about how many ruger products I own. I don't know, and frankly, I am afraid to count. But my PC-9 sight came off. They are shipping me a new one free of charge.. I got a ruger american in 300bo with a too small chamber I think. (It will chamber, but it takes a slice of brass off and takes a great deal too much effort.) Their customer service was responsive within hours.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top