JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I the only one who finds it funny that the IRS having piss poor service is a "news story"? So when did the IRS get high marks for service?:confused:
I have had good service from the IRS many, many moons ago especially when my late husband died. I did not have to wait on the telephone for a long time and I actually got a correct answer while doing my taxes. I was right from the gitgo but I wanted to double check it all. A nice lady from ? state (CRS on the state now.) answered my question.

Another time, I spoke to a nice man in GA when I asked if they had sent my paper instruction book to my new address here in MT since I had already completed all of the proper USPS forms and updated my address with my check when I paid my ES taxes to the feds.

I have complained about the LACK of IRS customer service to my MT R and D leaders.

ADDED more here just now.

This got worse when some states including MT had to mail their paperwork in or send their returns via a computer to UTAH. They changed that mailing address for completed income tax forms for MT residents and some other STATES from Fresno (?), CA to UTAH in the last couple of years. Consolidation of IRS huge tax centers did not help! Closing LOCAL offices did not help. NOT answering their telephones did not help. Less workers over many years did not help.

Throw in the 'virus' plandemic crapola, people NOT working at all, IRS workers working from home, shutdowns, NO or LESS qualified help, getting 10 answers from 5 different people for ONE QUESTION, etc. Tons more to say there.

They closed up MANY local IRS and other state offices all across this nation. I am sure that you and other people saw the MILLIONS of income tax returns sitting in huge trailers PILED UP. Even returns from CPAs, other tax preparers and other people where an issue had to be completed on PAPER and not off of a computer were SITTING THERE ALL PILED UP!

Federal estimated taxes for MT residents still get sent to Ohio unless that has changed for this year - 2022.

I used to get my small refund from the Feds FAST from CA!

Since they changed it to UTAH - it is one big cluster eff. UTAH is a freaking joke even when mailed in EARLY and with a SIMPLE - plain return that any person could complete!

Believe it or not, I got help with some forms from the Democrats - LOCAL OFFICE.

The Republicans kept telling me some BS story and they NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH. Uh huh. Do you hear that, Daines?! LOL

And I am an OLD fashioned conservative (NOT this new effed up version!) with a libertarian slant but some people in office (Rs and Ds!) especially in this state when it comes to some issues are about as worthless as TEATS ON A BOAR!

These calls were made to LOCAL county/state offices and to their District of Criminal offices in the past. BOTH parties.

I have made calls to BOTH parties concerning the massive MAIL issues (And about the LACK OF IRS customer service, LACK of forms in local IRS offices, late putting them out or NOT being sent out at all with personal REQUESTS from their national HQ too.) especially since the one dumb @@@ $$$ donor who was appointed by Trump to be the head Kahuna of the USPS. That elephant should be fired! Another piece of dung that needs to be flushed down the toilet of NO return or into the Potomac! Swoosh!

If you thought that the USPS was bad before in THIS STATE and in MANY other states BEFORE... it is way worse NOW. And if I was RICH - I would start a new version of the PONY EXPRESS too. LOL

I have 2 horror stories about CERTIFIED mail too. (A few others about MAIL issues but I will give this example now.) One piece of certified mail with TONS of information and very detailed from a to z never got to Kalispell, Montana to the person who was supposed to HANDLE all of the eff ups for the ENTIRE STATE of Montana - 2 plus (?) years now - no delivery. Kalispell is a few hours away and that one person was in charge of USPS messes and issues for this state.

The other one was sent certified to pay my RE taxes here IN TOWN. It is a good thing that I checked that out - check, paid in full annual payment and the form. Across town - a few miles! Sent certified. It took 15 days getting THERE from MY post office to the courthouse/treasurer's office a few miles away. NO !

The USPS website says that it is still IN TRANSIT as of a day ago. This was mailed in the middle or a bit earlier in November 2021.

My LOCAL post office (I have a LOCKED $$$ post office BOX in that building too.) said that they could NOT look it up or check it out because they did in the past and they got into TROUBLE for doing that NOW. Helping customers is a NO NO now?! Thanks to the NEWLY APPOINTED MAN that Trump appointed! NEW rules. No !.

So they gave my husband a telephone number to call. NO !. Been there - done that with given local numbers - NO answer or a hang up or no answering machine/voice mail AND on hold for 1.5 to 2 hours with the NATIONAL USPS 800 number. Letters from the USPS to me where they tell me that I should CALL THEM if I still have any issues and NO luck there too.

The telephone number for the USPS - Kent larger center that they (My local postal ladies.) gave to my husband for the one man is worthless too.

My husband made a trip down to the Courthouse just to check on my RE payment - check and form. It was posted one day before it was due but it should have been posted LONG before that time frame. The office lady told my husband to LOOK OVER and see the TUBS, tubs and tubs of MAIL sitting there to be completed a day before the taxes were due too. He got a printed receipt for me. He used to go down to the courthouse and pay them in person for me but between the 'virus' crapola, shut downs and the BUMS that bother you right ON and all around the courthouse lawn - forget that stuff. We started to mail them in certified. He did say that he saw a whole bunch of vomit on some sidewalks too.

This entire mess with the IRS, the USPS and all other .gov and NON .gov businesses is ALL because some people can't DO THEIR JOBS in a timely manner and people get put into office (BOTH parties!) to run things that they do not know jack squat about. "I only hire the BEST people!" LOL Yeah, right - uh huh.

Heck, I hear that Fed Ex and the UPS are just as much messed up if not even worse with some HORROR stories. I already know the news there so need to tell me now.

The USPS mail was faster and not destroyed in the process of getting THERE even with the FLEET POST OFFICE during my late husband's Nam and all around the world service time. There was NO email during those years. They had a LINE aka rope or some other THING strung between some ships, my late husband was on a destroyer, and he had pictures of the MAIL BAGS being transported that way. I do not know if they did that all of the time on his around the world tours - sea duty but I know that they did sometimes because he and his ship mates told me that plus I saw old pictures of it. Mail call!

Take care.

Cate
PS: You have eff ups 'working' and not working for a better term in both and all parties in my opinion. And I have seen them UP close and personal as an old fashioned conservative lady with a strong work ethic who is 71 years old. (I worked for some people as an employee and I was self employed too.) Some people actually gave and still give - CARE about doing their job honestly and properly from the git go and others don't give a rat's @@@! There are good and bad workers out there in Slavelandia! Grin.

ADDED MORE.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews