JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have this Interarms Mark X .243 with a custom stock, original owner was a person who used to fly U2 spy planes. I'm curious what value you guys might place on this rifle. It has a few scratches, but overall in good condition. Thanks.

20221108_133646.jpg 20221108_133705.jpg 20221108_133723.jpg

Custom carvings are like any art, its value is only in the eye of the buyer. But guns that have provenance and were owned by famous people carry a premium over a like rifle without that. I have owned and sold several guns that were previously owned by someone of note. As long as you are not in a hurry to sell you will do fine. Try to find a pic of your U2 pilot with the rifle.
I owned a pistol that had capture papers signed by Cpl. G Brewbaker. He turned out to be a prison reformer and famous enough to have a movie made about him. I added a copy of the movie with the capture papers and the auction price more than tripled.
It will be worth your time to find other pics of your pilot. Good Luck ,DR

Custom carvings are like any art, its value is only in the eye of the buyer. But guns that have provenance and were owned by famous people carry a premium over a like rifle without that. I have owned and sold several guns that were previously owned by someone of note. As long as you are not in a hurry to sell you will do fine. Try to find a pic of your U2 pilot with the rifle.
I owned a pistol that had capture papers signed by Cpl. G Brewbaker. He turned out to be a prison reformer and famous enough to have a movie made about him. I added a copy of the movie with the capture papers and the auction price more than tripled.
It will be worth your time to find other pics of your pilot. Good Luck ,DR
Thanks for the help and info. His last name is carved on the picture on the stock. He flew with the U2 pilot who was shot down pretty famously (infamously). They were friends.

Thanks for the help and info. His last name is carved on the picture on the stock. He flew with the U2 pilot who was shot down pretty famously (infamously). They were friends.
Still finding pics, or other things that tie him to the gun will help get the price up. Some ones name carved on a stock is not enough. A pic, a family letter describing the gun, a receipt with the serial # on it, A factory letter, etc...
My last name is not Smith or Jones, but every school I ever went to there was another kid with my same name.
In the example I gave above, It had capture papers with the serial #, The captors name and signature, and a copy of the movie to tie the name to his notoriety.
Finding material that confirms his notoriety should be very easy for a U2 pilot, But what you need is something that ties this man to that rifle.
Contact his family, find out what LGS he used, Find out who his hunting partners were, etc... These are all people who may be able to tie this together. It will be well worth your time. Good Luck DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top