Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR Custom Remington 700 5R Milspec Barrel and Action .308

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by SLO, Dec 28, 2015.

1. SLO

SLO Portland Member

For sale is a custom built Remington 700 5R Milspec in .308. I will sell as a complete rifle with a new Magpul Hunter 700 stock for $1700 or just the barreled action (everything needed but the stock) for $1450. This started as a factory new 5R Milspec. I purchased it new and immediately took it to Bob Haphey at Oregon Timberwolf. I had him go through and true the bolt, action, chamber and barrel. The bolt is jeweled. It has a Badger Ordinance bolt knob and Badger Ordinance 20 MOA rail that was bedded to the action. The trigger was upgraded to a Timney competition trigger that is set to 2.5# but is fully adjustable. Lastly, Bob installed a American Precision Arms (APA) Little Bastard muzzle brake. The brake was turned down to match the barrel. The entire thing was Cerakoted in black. Only 240 rounds and it has been meticulously maintained.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    FourTeeFive likes this.
  2. SLO

SLO Portland Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3. Cherpybird

Cherpybird Portland Active Member

What length is the barrel please? Also I thought the 5R was stainless, what model year is this? Thanks

4. SLO

SLO Portland Member

The barrel is the standard 5R 24" barrel. The muzzle brake was added so it now sits at 25" with the brake. The 5R is stainless. I had this Cerakoted in black per the description. I don't recall exactly the year but i believe it was purchased in 2011.