JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So here is my new range toy... a very dressed up Savage MKII FV-SR .22lr - ought to be all kinds of fun.

I borrowed the scope off another rifle for now. Any suggestions for a dedicated scope for this? I definitely want a mil/mil and variable power... maybe something between 12 and 20 max magnification. Don't want junk but can't really see blowing a grand or more on glass for this either.

IMG_0271.jpg

Is that a shroud (the thing that goes up)? The barrel looks under 16" if you took it off; a suppressor?

I'd look for a Vortex Viper scope myself.

Is that a shroud (the thing that goes up)? The barrel looks under 16" if you took it off; a suppressor?

I'd look for a Vortex Viper scope myself.

Factory 16in barrel and fake suppressor, I figure if it looks like a .338 but sounds like a .22 then the fake can is helping to pull off the illusion :D
A Vortex wouldn't be bad at all, just a little bit more cash than I was hoping to spend, I run a Razor HD on one of my serious guns.

Yes the stock is from an airsoft gun, picked it up from a boneyard for about $100. Under the stock skins is a sturdy boxed aluminum frame that I beefed up and modified in order to pillar bed my MKII's action. It feels pretty solid and shoots great.

Nice. I just did the same thing with mine, but I had a slightly different stock. There was no way around it mounting the trigger too far forward.

Do you know exactly what model stock you used?

I had my barrel threaded to fit my .30 cal Thunderbeast can. It's so quiet that if you wear earplugs you don't always know if it actually went off or not.

Great looking rifle. Mine is wearing a $300 Millet TRS-1. It's cheap Chinese glass, but it tracks perfectly. We shoot out past 200 yards here, and first round hits on 2 MOA targets are common.

Look at a Mueller 4-16X -50mm with the Mil-Dot reticle they run about $249 or less

Mueller Tactical 4-16x50AO MT41650IGR

I have Mueller scopes on my Savage MKII FVT and Savage model 12 VLP DBM in .243 and I am very happy with them.

Here's my MKII its a little more modified then most. The stock started out as a Boyds Tacticool. the scope is a Mueller 4.5-14X - 50mm APT
Photo 98  Varmit hunting trim with scope.jpg

Photo 98  Varmit hunting trim with scope.jpg

The stock is from a gas powered Well G96. The TRS-1 is one of the scopes I've been considering, also looking at the Midway BSA 4-14. I've heard that both are decent for "cheap" scopes. I've heard good things about Mueller too but it looks like they all have MOA turrets which rules them out for me - trying to get some practice with same mil/mil system I use on my big guns.

The only real problem with the millet is that the reticle is calibrated at 10X instead of max power of 16X. It's stupid, but you can work around the wind holds by adjusting your dope accordingly or shooting at 10X.

The only real problem with the millet is that the reticle is calibrated at 10X instead of max power of 16X. It's stupid, but you can work around the wind holds by adjusting your dope accordingly or shooting at 10X.

Hmmm, yeah that is kind of annoying, they should have calibrated the reticle for max power.

Hmmm, yeah that is kind of annoying, they should have calibrated the reticle for max power.

I have read a review that said it says it is calibrated for 10X but on the scope the reviewer had it was miling at 16X not the 10X. I guess I should get mine out and test it and see?

Also at least my FV-SR likes the CCI standard velocity and subsonics best althought I have some RWS 50 and Aguila Super Extra Subsonics that I still need to try. The CCI are close to a .3" 50yrd group just using a bipod and I am no sharp shooter. I can drop Starlings out to 75 or so yards without a problem with the CCI Subsonics. ;) and I have a BSA Sweet 22 scope and it works good just have to adjust for the lower velocity of the subsonics since the turrets are calibrated for 1200fps ammunition.

Mine also shot fairly well with standard velocity CCI - not .3 but 10 shot groups stay within an inch at 50yrds. I'd like to get some Wolf Match to try, a lot of people are getting good results with it and its a good deal cheaper than most .22 match ammo.

I just shot the RWS Target Rifle and can I say WOW. Didn't get a chance to do any real distance but 5 shot groups were one raged hole. Can't wait until get to shoot it at some sort of distance.

I shoot Eley Target and get sub MOA at 100 yards. I get to shoot at the OTC here in Colorado Springs, and it puts 60 consecutive rounds into the 3/8" diameter 10 ring at 50 meters. Not bad for a $190 rifle and $6 ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top