JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody here have a gun chromed before? Anybody know of a local shop that does it?

I'm thinking of doing my HK USP slide, lever and bbl in Hi Polish Chrome

The Company I'm looking at now is Ford's Guns unless I find something local. They do Pistols and Rifles. A chrome AK would be pretty neat to look at...

Here is one of their customer photo's of an HK USP done up in 24K gold with an A-Grip kit

Ford's Gunshop Pricing for Handguns
<broken link removed>

Here's the site you can buy the A-Grip if any1's interested
<broken link removed>

And here's a shot of an 1911-A1 done in chrome by the same people to get an idea what the Hi-Polish looks like
gun11.JPG

Overland Plating is another one I found doing this kind of work
<broken link removed>

Overland's Gold AK47....

1) If you are just doing the slide/upper parts, it's not such a big deal to ship it - just mail it, no FFL/etc. needed. So if you don't find a quality local person, it's not such a big deal to send it to a nationally known/respected place.

2) I used Cogan/APW (the link above) to hard-chrome a S&W revolver years ago. It was excellent. I have not used them since they relocated to AL, but I would not hesitate to use them again - they have a great reputation.

I used Cogan/APW (the link above) to hard-chrome a S&W revolver years ago. It was excellent. I have not used them since they relocated to AL, but I would not hesitate to use them again - they have a great reputation.

That's good to hear, I've been thinking of having them do a gun for me in a matte chrome finish.

I've been thinking of having them do a gun for me in a matte chrome finish.

Yes, it was great. The only thing I didn't like was not their fault. It was a revolver, and the "matte" texture meant the surface got dirty much faster and clung to powder residue better. If you are the type that likes your guns 100&#37; clean and shiny, it's not a great choice, especially a revolver with all those cylinder bores. That's the nature of the finish, not their work. I'm just particular about that, and some gun owners are. I wish I'd done shiny chrome, nickel, or just high polished blue for that reason.

They do look realy BLING BLING. We in the 1911 world calls them barbeque guns. Not much of a conceal gun buy you will stand out at the old barbeeee. :s0112: To each there own.:)

I'm trying out the A-grip for a while. Not sure if I like the way it looks but the stuff feels really nice. It mounts up solid, pretty easy to install. Supposed to leave no residue when I take it off too...we'll see bout that.

0402091810.jpg

Had a 1911 done in Hard Chrome. Left it Matte and it looked great. But I here the Tripp's in Texas aren't doing hard chrome any more.

What about this though?

<broken link removed>

Dave at Southridge is refinishing a 1911 of mine in a different finish. But this nickel finish looks matte and pretty nice. Has anyone had one done?

Hey tuckerha, I just spoke to southridge and I think I may have them put a nickel finish on my p-7. They're just down the road from me.
Thanks for the link!!!
.....tom

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews