JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a traditional AR9 build with a direct blowback set up. I am using a Spikes Tactical dedicated glock lower. I am interested in switching over to CMMG'S radial delayed blowback BCG and barrel. The issue is, I believe the fixed ejector in this lower will not work with CMMG's RDB BCG. Would removing the fixed ejector solve my problem? I want to avoid having to buy CMMG'S dedicated glock lower that was designed for their RDB BCG. Sorry for the noob question - still new to the AR world.

Thanks,
Billy

Welcome Billy. From the CMMG website if this s the setup you are talking about:

Our MkG Barrel and Bolt Kits are designed to work exclusively with our MkG Lowers, and a mil-spec upper receiver with enlarged ejection port. Other manufacturers' receivers may work, but we cannot guarantee function or reliability. For more information regarding fitment, check with our Tech Support team.

If you have any AR15 lowers you can simply use the Mean Arms Endomag Pmag inserts specific to CMMG uppers.You will need the CMMG barrel along with the BCG. This is a very soft shooting setup with a normal carbine buffer. If you're going to run various bullet weights with and without a suppressor I'd recommend an A5 buffer tube/Kynshot RB5007 buffer/Tubbs flat wire 553 buffer spring (see @Amphibian's excellent work over at AR15.com). This buffer works with every riffle/bullet combination I've tried and is even softer shooting than the stock RDB setup.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top