JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking about buying a parts kit and receiver and having it put together for me. I want an ak74 with the triangle folding stock and I might try to build it myself but not sure if I can. So i'd like to see about what it would cost to have it done. I heard good things about 762LLC but I think they are closed now, the websites down and the phone is disconnected. Anybody know any good ak shops around? Thanks

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Ok thanks, I just emailed him. Does he do builds with parts supplied by the customer? I was looking at the krinkov aks-74u parts kits now, those are so sweet...but so spendy!

You can do it! You can do it all night long! I guess your just going to have to throw all the parts away, or you can send them to me. :)

but seriously yoou can do it. The intranet is full of all the info you need and when you're finished you'll understand every aspect of your rifle. If your reciever is raw you might want to learn to blue, or you can spray it with some KG or Cera or whatever you like.

Yes, yes you can do it!!!! I started on my own, made tools from scrap metal, and went to town. Now I have built 30+. I just finished this one the other day....... photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 3.jpg

Question. How much, on average, does it cost you to build up the pictured ak? Assuming pre-pandemonium prices. Also, how difficult is it for a beginner?

So....$200-$350 for a barrel-less kit depending on what flavor you like, $60-$115 for a receiver depending on the kit, $75-$120 for a barrel, $75 for rivets, trigger group and other assorted parts. Now the tooling is very expensive if you are only looking at building one rifle. I built all my tooling myself so I don't have much money in that. For a beginner I would recommend having someone else populate the barrel(headspace and pin on the front sight block, gas block and rear sight block).

Start researching the building process. There are a few great AK forums out there with a plethora of information.......now off to the garage to populate a barrel for the next kit.

So....$200-$350 for a barrel-less kit depending on what flavor you like, $60-$115 for a receiver depending on the kit, $75-$120 for a barrel, $75 for rivets, trigger group and other assorted parts. Now the tooling is very expensive if you are only looking at building one rifle. I built all my tooling myself so I don't have much money in that. For a beginner I would recommend having someone else populate the barrel(headspace and pin on the front sight block, gas block and rear sight block).

Start researching the building process. There are a few great AK forums out there with a plethora of information.......now off to the garage to populate a barrel for the next kit.

Thanks for the info... if anybody knows any ak builders that do good work in MY area, let me know :). I'd be willing to pay good moneys.

We are having a build party up here on the 10th of March. Make the drive up. Give a man an AK, arm him. Teach a man to build an AK, arm many.

Hey what area are you guys having it in? I've been trying to find a build party up in our neck'o'the woods.. Have a kit ready to build but I figured if I could wait a little while and find a build party it'd we worth waiting.. I'm building with a US barrel so I'm a little reluctant about drilling the barrel pin heh

Oh and in response to the question, there's 1 guy who's name I've heard quite a bit through different threads/forums..
I've never used him but everybody who has seems to really like his work. And I've seen a lot of the pictures - he's definitely good at what he does.. I know he does milled AK's, not sure about stamped.. Seems like a pretty nice guy so he might be worth getting a hold of if you're still trying to find somebody to build for you.

His name's Matt Yeamans
<broken link removed>

(and just FYI I have nothing to do with that business, just tryin' to help)

Hey what area are you guys having it in? I've been trying to find a build party up in our neck'o'the woods.. Have a kit ready to build but I figured if I could wait a little while and find a build party it'd we worth waiting.. I'm building with a US barrel so I'm a little reluctant about drilling the barrel pin heh

Bainbridge Island WA

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top