JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there anywhere in the greater Eugene/Willamette valley area I can get a feel for some of the custom r700 footprint actions out there? I'm in the process of deciding what to buy but would like to be able to put my hands on a few before I jump in. My wants are ever changing it seems but right now I'm looking at the deviants surgeons and impact precision. I have likes and concerns about all three. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Those Impact Precision's are the Surgeon upgrade. The ones I have handled are really nice. The Surgeon has the track record to beat. I didn't really care for the Defiance stuff as much as the other two you mentioned.

Check out the Bighorn's also, those are exceptionally good too.

I have looked and was initially excited by them and still think they're solid but I'm not looking for crf and I have concerns over longterm survivability of dlc. With that I'm targeting pushfeed and nitride, even if I have to have it done post purchase.

That said without seeing and touching I'm left to stare at pictures, read spec sheets and listen to others' biased opinions that may or may not reflect my future view.

My BIL has had several guns built by Curt on custom actions. He swears by him and is the only builder he uses. Drives 10 hours each way to deal with him. If he doesnt have examples on hand to see, he probably can answer any questions you may have.

My BILs newest build is off a BAT, made here in Post Falls.

https://www.batmachine.com

I had an Impact and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, even sight unseen/unfelt. Those actions are slick. A bit lower down the price ladder would be a Bighorn Origin or an ARC Nucleus. I've handled both and they are pretty close to each other in feel. ARC is supporting local guy as they're located here in WA. But I think the Bighorn has a bit better customer support/service.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top