JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SPF

If you want to get in on the long range precision game for a sweet price, do I ever have the deal for you! 6.5mm rounds in general are considered among the best for this game, and the case capacity of the 6.5x55, in a strong modern action, gives a dedicated handloader a massive canvas to paint their masterpiece (but Lapua and Hornady make some real sweet-shooting factory loads too). Savage accuracy, a solid chassis, and a heavy barrel makes this a great competitive gun - and it doesn't look like everyone else's black tactical rig.

Here's what's in the package:
  • Savage 111 old-style (non-Accutrigger) action
  • Northland Shooters Supply barrel nut and recoil lug
  • McGowen 6.5x55mm straight taper heavy barrel (0.8" muzzle diameter, about 400 rounds thru it)
  • Timney trigger
  • Stainless steel extended bolt handle (don't recall the brand)
  • McRee G7 chassis with Anschutz-style T-slot rail
  • Harris Bipod
  • Short Action Precision sling
  • US Peacekeeper 52" soft rifle case
  • 4 AICS long action magazines (nominally 5 round, but they'll hold 6 standard base rounds)
  • SWFA SS 3-15x42 FFP Mil-Quad
  • Northland Shooters action wrench and barrel nut wrench
  • 6.5x55mm headspace gauges
  • 6.5x55mm RCBS reloading dies
  • Around 50 pieces of once-fired PPU brass (I think I have more now)
It's a good sub-MOA gun as is, or ripe for a barrel swap to a magnum caliber if that's your thing. Asking price is $1200. I'll sell the rifle without the scope if you want but not the other way around.

Possible trades (with cash as appropriate):
  • CZ 527 FS or Lux in .223
  • Swedish M/41 sniper
  • CZ 455 FS, Lux, Training Rifle, etc.
  • ANSCHÜTZ sporter rifle of some sort
  • Browning T-Bolt
  • Henry Long Ranger in .223
  • .357 Mag rifle
FFL fee is on you as the buyer; I like to work with Bad Dog in Philomath as my FFL.

upload_2017-11-7_12-25-8.png

upload_2017-11-7_12-26-11.png
Note that I got rid of the Magpul mags; their long action AICS mags suck. Replaced with steel mags.

upload_2017-11-7_12-25-57.png

Last Edited:
I hate Savages in general, have no practical use for this, and for some reason still find myself strangely attracted to it.
Sadly, without liquidating some of my stockpile of 1903 and 03a3's, this is out of my range.

Good luck with the sale!

I hate Savages in general, have no practical use for this, and for some reason still find myself strangely attracted to it.
Sadly, without liquidating some of my stockpile of 1903 and 03a3's, this is out of my range.

Good luck with the sale!

I might consider a 1903 in trade. PM me if you're interested.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.