JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sean thank you for your interest. I could build them tomorrow and ship on Wednesday. That way they should make it. If you make a PayPal payment as soon as I'm notified I get started on them and so far have shipped the next day. They are $15 each shipped and my PayPal address is [email protected] Just call them bottle openers please. PayPal is pretty anti-gun but there is not other way to do it quickly.

Thank you
Ron

Recently I ran a bit short of 50 BMG brass and had to shoot however many rounds to free up the brass to make the bottle openers. Well it is official, I'm a dumb ***, a fat one too. Yesterday it was raining and has been raining for several days so I didn't go out to shoot the 50 BMG to empty the brass. So I decided to use my fancy bullet puller and pull the bullets on the rounds that I wanted to use to make bottle openers. The one thing I didn't do was take the empty shell and load it in my rifle to make the primer safe. Well after making the two horizontal cuts I started on the vertical cut. Now I've done this at least 50 times without problem but this time I screwed up big time. The primer went of, flew out of the primer pocket and hit me about 3 inches above my belly button. It didn't hurt hardly at all but sure rang my bell. I had safety glasses on so it saved my eye sight. After I figured that I was not hurt bad I got up and noticed that my bib overalls had a hole in them. I headed to the bedroom to double check and found that my shirt, underwear and bib overalls was drenched in blood. I was bleeding like a stuck pig. I grabbed a towel and applied pressure and hollered at my 10 year old son. When he saw the blood he started to freak out but I told him to cool it. I changed my clothes while he held pressure on the wound and we headed for the hospital. I called my 89 year old father on the way and he was waiting with his van to take Scotty and I the rest of the way. Once I got to the hospital the nurse checked me in and they called the sheriff and somehow let them know I had been shot with a 50 BMG rifle. The deputy that showed up couldn't believe that I had driven myself or that I'd been shot with a 50 BMG. He has known me and my family for quite a while. Once they did the x-ray and CT scan they figured out that I had not mortally wounded myself. Thank goodness for fat. The primer went in above my belly button and traveled about 6 inches to my right and stopped about 3 inches under the skin. The doctor felt around and thought he had figured out how to get it out and made a cut over where the primer should be. After digging around for 20 or 30 minutes he kept having trouble with the primer moving out from between the forceps. He sewed me back up and told me to see the surgeon on Thursday. Man do I feel stupid. I know better than this and could have killed the primer with a drop of oil but I was in a hurry and it bit me. I guess it could have been worse, it could have lodged in my stomach or other important organ. The marks on my spine are from a spinal fusion I had about 4 years ago. So to make a long story short, I've ordered a bunch of Lake City once fired brass and it will take a week or so to get here and I need to recover. So hold off on sending me any more money for a little while. I'll let you all know when I'm back ready to make some more bottle openers. Hopefully some folks can learn from my stupid mistake and not make the same.

12132011primerholesmall.jpg
Ron

I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Well I'm back in business with plenty of once fired brass and I'm ready to put out all the bottle openers that anyone needs. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year my friends.

I sent 3 bottle openers to Dennis this week and he was happy as usual. I believe he is going to be donating them to a local chapter of the RMEF for an auction coming up. I recently sent 10 to Texas for a long range shooting match.

Glad you recovered after that little accident.

I'll take a pair and will send out a money order to the address you posted in the 3rd page on probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Very cool idea by the way.

I sent 3 bottle openers to Dennis this week and he was happy as usual. I believe he is going to be donating them to a local chapter of the RMEF for an auction coming up. I recently sent 10 to Texas for a long range shooting match.

Ron,
Nice work as usual,and yes these are going to be donated to an upcoming RMEF Auction over in Enterprise.
Now i have to give Ron some serious credit on this batch,i should have had sunglasses on when opening the package...highly polished is an understatment :)
Just wanted to give a a shout out for Ron,and Randy as well since he was the one who first introduced me to the .50 BMG openers and the man behind the dremel himself,thanks again you two.
RK

Deluna92, thank you for your interest. That address is still good as we've lived here for 20 years now and have no plans on moving. You don't need to bother with money orders. I take regular checks and so far I've never had any trouble with collecting or with getting hot checks. The gun people on these forums have been wonderful to me. Wheather PayPal or checks it all spends the same. I've always made a point in shipping out the bottle openers with in 24 hours of getting paid and have been lucky enough to be able to make the shipments very quickly.

Wow RK, thank you for the kudos. I appreciate the kind words. One word of note though. After burning up 2 Dremel tools I went with a 1/6 HP Foredom Tool. It's more expensive but it's much easier to work with and I can control the speed of the tool with foot switch and it is a heck of a lot tougher.

Thanks again
Ron

Just wanted everyone to know I'm still making bottle openers. I've been pretty busy killing bugs but I can still make the time to make them. I am also willing to accept cash but I think you should send it with delivery conformation to make sure I get it. I've never sent cash so it's kind of worrysome to me. I do take PayPal if you need me to.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top