JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This is a beautiful custom rifle built around a Springfield 03 A3 action with a quality trigger guard and floor plate. It has a Heavy, heavy 29 inch stainless ported Shilene barrel. It has a very sweet trigger. The rifle has a custom made stock, which was handmade for this rifle. There are a few safe dings.
This rifle is a serious shooter. From the pics you can see It grouped well with 4 diferent loads.
THE SCOPE AND RINGS DO NOT GO WITH THE RIFLE!
$775 or an interesting trade

.300 WM 015.jpg

.300 WM 024.jpg

.300 WM 016.jpg

.300 WM 017.jpg

.300 WM 018.jpg

I think the action is a 1917, not a 1903. The 1917 has the mauser style blade extractor and bolt removal unit as seen on your rifle's left rear part of the receiver. The 1903 has the magazine disconnector switch in that location.

Both are wonderful actions though. Some of the 1917 actions are used for making dangerous game rifles because of the length of the action, controlled round feeding, depth of the magazine box, and some action manufacturers are noted for making extraordinarily strong actions that will hold up to large caliber cartridges.

I am feeling pretty stupid here. I finally got out the magnifying glass and checked out the proof marks on the receiver.
It is a mauser 98 action.... Doh!
I new better even. When I first picked the rifle up in the gunsmiths shop that put it togeather I said Mauser action? He just looked back over his shoulder real quick and said no 03A3. He wasnt paying much attention and I ran with it.... Doh!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.