JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rick, thank you for the advice. I left a message today for Kevin Starrett @ Oregon Firearms Federation. I've also thought about posting a comment on Sheriff John Bishop's Facebook page regarding his department's CHL policy. He appears to be a Facebook junkie, so maybe he'd be interested in explaining his rationale behind it?

https://www.facebook.com/CurryCountySheriff‎
Link is broken, try this one

Having two government photo IDs isn't a bad idea. I always travel with my passport just in case something happens to my drivers license. Would hate to be prohibited from boarding a plane to get back home if my wallet was lost or stolen.

But I think the real issue is a Deputy Sheriff, or the actual Sheriff making up laws as they go along. Not that it's anything new. The contradiction in this, is how we honored Tim Mueller of Linn County when he said that he wouldn't support anti-2A laws in his letter to V.P. Joe Biden. Not trying to raise a stink, just pointing out a human reality.

curryCHL.jpg
Posted a comment to the FB page of Mr. Bishop. Let's see how long it lasts, eh?

I'm sure it won't get deleted. If anything - he'll just ignore it. However, I was able to get a printed list of his CHL required documents today. I noticed it specified a bank card w/ picture, but then reiterates back to a valid government ID will only be accepted. Very confusing....

I also had a great conversation today with Kevin Starrett from the Oregon Firearm Federation. We're going to touch base again on Friday. I'll be sure to keep everyone apprised.

Until then, I'm going to send an email to Sheriff Bishop this week for an explanation of his departments policy.

curryCHL.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top