JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the Sheriff's office in Vancouver on March 16th, was in and out in 20 minutes. They said it would be 30 days, still nothing. Anybody else experience longer than 30 day wait for CPL in Clark County? Debating whether I should call or stop in to check up on this, but wanted to give them enough time, too.

In the current political climate I figure things are going to take longer. They had a flood of new applications. Going back to when my Dad and Brother went in for theirs, when everything was fine... turn around was just 10 days.

In the current political climate I figure things are going to take longer. They had a flood of new applications. Going back to when my Dad and Brother went in for theirs, when everything was fine... turn around was just 10 days.
I've known "Gun Guy" Dupties to run a Records Check from their car and then issue, during the same stop. But, ya that a couple of years ago. I do know of some same day issuing being done but it does depend upon the Agency.

CPL renewal in Snohomish County (North of King County representing Seattle and Bellevue). I did the renewal online on September 16, 2021 and got the approval email on October 4, 2021. CPL to arrive in mail soon.

So the CPL renewal was approved in less than three weeks. Not too bad.

My original took 4-5 weeks. Renewal was quick. Pierce county sheriff department. Now that your local law enforcement has to also complete a secondary background check on all firearm sales that apply, it may take longer.

Original application in February.
Fingerprinting in July - reportedly would take 30 days to mail.
Inquired as to it's whereabouts yesterday.
Did get a prompt response that volume is the reason for the delay and that it should arrive soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top