JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find it amusing that folks pick on crappy Chinese clones of the Mosin. All Mosins are crappy. If x54R weren't so plentiful and cheap, next to no one would bother with non-Finn reworked versions of that awful bolt rifle.

wow you must be a really bitter man to crap on this poor guy's thread, he was just asking for the value of the rifle, not your opinion of the dang thing.

what you said about "All mosins are crappy" may be true in YOUR world, but in the real world they are great rifles, Russian hunters still use them to this day to bag animals, did you forget that Russian snipers caused massive casualties on the invading Nazi army with those rifles just 70 years ago? oh I forgot, you are in your own world!!!

wow you must be a really bitter man to crap on this poor guy's thread, he was just asking for the value of the rifle, not your opinion of the dang thing.

what you said about "All mosins are crappy" may be true in YOUR world, but in the real world they are great rifles, Russian hunters still use them to this day to bag animals, did you forget that Russian snipers caused massive casualties on the invading Nazi army with those rifles just 70 years ago? oh I forgot, you are in your own world!!!

1946 M44 Izzy w/ 2x7 and it will group:

1946M44Izzy006.jpg

These women did a lot of damage on the Germans in WW2 with them crappy old rifles

ILoveMyMosin.jpg

A significant fraction of the shooting world, and the C&R scene, do not think highly of the M-N. That low opinion of these rifles is part of what keeps them affordable. Yes, there were many made, but demand for them is historically weak on the collector's market.

"Great?" They are not great. Even the best of them hardly qualify as "good."

BTW, I wasn't dumping on this guy's thread. I was mocking people making fun of Chicom copies of the M-N. People in this thread were acting as if somehow the Chinese had failed to properly copy Excalibur or something actually good and/or legendary. The M-N was neither, and only approached either category if bought or captured and reworked by Finns into something a little more resembling a decent rifle.

I wish you continued happiness and rage in defending inanimate objects.

I have a few very nice C&R's and and a few Mosins. The thing about the Mosin to me is it's simplicity and it's crudeness.
It was made for illiterate soldiers who were nothing more than cannon fodder. It has a long history and many variations, and to me that makes it worth studying, enjoying and collecting a few if one is so inclined.
There have been many military rifles throughout history. Some have been panned good, bad, horrible mistakes and some are even icons.
The Mosin has earned a place in history and has proven itself as a basic battle rifle that is easy and cheap to manufacture, repair and maintain so lets leave it at "One mans trash is another mans treasure."

I have friends in Texas and Florida who swear by them for a cheap shooting wild hog rifle. Try shooting rock chucks with one sometime and you get a "Red Mist" (<:}-

"A firearm is a tool, and if it serves your purpose that is good"

Keith's sporting goods in Gresham had two M44's for $200 each. One with a side folding Bayonet and one with out. $210 out the door, however I did not check the condition of the rifles.

I am curious, is the one M44 without the bayonet missing its bayonet (but still has the joint/hinge but the spike is absent) or is an M38 (which wasn't designed to accept a bayonet)?

I would expect someone with a name like Russianfist would know the chinese type 53s are not real Russian M44's, they are M44 copies and total pieces of sh!t, like most things from China, and not what I'm talking about, friend.

Wenis, your tone seems hostile and your comment about all things from China would be incorrect. My MAK90 one of the cleanest made AK's I have ever seen and chose it for its quality above everything except a VEPR.

You're correct about one thing, but the other is misquoting me. I'll bold it so you can read it better.

Ok here's a heads up. I saw a really nice import-stamped Chinese Type 53 for $200. And I do mean it was nice. I don't need another, otherwise I would have bought it. Additionally, there was a decent Russian Type 44 for $180. Both of these were at the Expo show today.

-Thirtycal

How? It was under $150.00 right? It may have been a clone but I was just trying to make a point. Besides JG sales has the clones for around $140.00 with hand select. The OP never really stated specifically a Russian M44, just an M44 leaving it open to interpretation.

Shopping online often reveals people's poor basic math skills. Either that or they pretend that shipping and transfer fees don't exist or are somehow not really part of the cost. In either case, those rifles will cost $25 more than the list price if you have a C&R license and probably $45+ above the listed price if you don't have a C&R.

Shopping online often reveals people's poor basic math skills. Either that or they pretend that shipping and transfer fees don't exist or are somehow not really part of the cost. In either case, those rifles will cost $25 more than the list price if you have a C&R license and probably $45+ above the listed price if you don't have a C&R.

This is a cunning and impressive digg. Well played sir. However insulting someone who is just trying to help is poor form. I did see a M44 type rifle in great shape for$137.00 at Cabelas a few weeks ago but I believe this to be an acception,not the rule.

One can interpret it as an insult, but at the same time it is no less helpful of me to point out that shipping and transfer fees can add significantly to the price of a firearm purchased online, potentially turning what seems like a great deal into a not-so-great deal.

I got a 91/30 and an M44 at Big5 for $79 about three years ago. Both had nice looking stocks. But they were counter bored and had very sticky bolts. The trigger pull was also very hard and long. I just got rid of them.

But I'm thinking of getting another M44. I'd like to get a good shooter with nice bore and not too horrible trigger. I saw that SOG is advertising them in "Excellent" condition for $179. Anyone with experience from SOG like to chime in?

If they get much closer to $200 I think I'd rather add another $50 and pick up a Mauser...