JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The M44 is averaging about 175.00. The best are as stated, the finish mfg. Russain are the 2nd best.
If you find a fin is good shape with matching numbers under 300 grab it.

I find it amusing that folks pick on crappy Chinese clones of the Mosin. All Mosins are crappy. If x54R weren't so plentiful and cheap, next to no one would bother with non-Finn reworked versions of that awful bolt rifle.

I find it amusing that folks pick on crappy Chinese clones of the Mosin. All Mosins are crappy. If x54R weren't so plentiful and cheap, next to no one would bother with non-Finn reworked versions of that awful bolt rifle.
All Mosins are not crappy. I love mine...Never touched the sites and it shoots straight as heck. Fun, inexpensive to shoot and very reliable. You just have to know which ones to get and which ones to pass on because the majority that are out there you should pass on.
Anyways, your generalization is just an opinion as is my response so take from it what you will.

Wait what? When did I call myself an expert? I clearly was drawing off my personal experiences...
just sayin'

Not pointing a finger at anyone! Just a general statement to say if you are interested in a firearm hit the search engine. These rifles have so much histiory it can be mind boggling.

A Mosin is just not a Mosin!

(Notice the peace sign on the previous post.) :peace:

A dubious notion at best. They're durable, reliable, can be quite accurate, and they're of historical interest, all which is ample reason to buy a Mosin even if there weren't an abundance of cheap ammo.

Some people are not aware of the "many variants" of Mosins, such as ones made by Remington and Westinghouse. Try and do some homework before becoming an armchair expert on any weapon.

just say'n :peace:

Daimler-Benz could build a faithfully reproduced Yugo, but it would still be a Yugo at its heart when all is said and done. The awfulness of the Mosin-Nagant is in the design, not just the execution, which itself runs from decent to "even you might have machined it better while drunk on cheap vodka."

My M44 is BEAT, but the action is butter smooth and it shoots 2MOA with Czech light ball. No complaints here.

I would agree with the $200ish range on a Russian M44, all depends on condition.

Respectfully, I'm pretty sure that the Finns did not make a Mosine-Nagant M44 type carbine. They did however make a M44 submachine gun in 9mm Luger.

The Finnish Tikkakosky KP M44 submachine gun is what you are referring to, it is a blowback operated, full automatic only weapon.It fires from open bolt.

As far as I can research so far, the Finns did not put out a complete finn made rifle... However they altered and improved them to such an extent that there was no comparison to the Russian. TIKKA, SAKO,SIG, VKT and others who rearsenaled and improved them.

{Finland captured a limited number of M44s during the Continuation War, and most known examples are dated 1943. The best known identifier is the SA mark typically found on the left side of the barrel along the woodline, although occasionally in other locations on the barrel shank. Other Finnish marks include a "D" which indicates the chamber throat has been enlarged for the Finnish D166 cartridge and is sometimes the only indication an M44 has a Finnish history. Stocks on these are typically Soviet with no known Finnish made M44 stocks. Miscellaneous parts and features could vary greatly due to the number of early parts on hand in Finland used for repairs, but the documented examples are so few it's difficult to know what to expect. Finnish M44s are certainly a "must buy" when sold at the going price for Soviet refurbs and tyically bring Six Times as Much or More.}
Finnish Mosin Nagant Marks

Back when I was a kid a guy could pick up an SKS for about a hundred bucks. Seen the price on them lately? In the last year or so I've been watching the price of Mosins slowly going up at Big 5 and in the classifeds here. If I could I'd buy a whole crate of them now for investment purposes.

BTW like him or hate him Nutnfancy has a youtube episode on them that I kind of enjoyed

if the man asked for current "street price" why is everybody posting links to online buisness which require dealers? it is impossible to know the street value for a Mosin because you dont see a lot of them being sold on the streets, I had an M38 I sold on Craigslist in Portland for $70 or $80 a few years ago because it couldn't hit the barn wall from inside the barn! but I did have a Mossberg 151k I bought off the street for $15 and sold it online for $150. Best way to find out would be to buy the one from the pawn shop for $230 then try selling it on the street and upon completion of selling it on the street you will have gained knowledge of it's street value.

Here's my Chinese Type 53 just purchased from a larger Mosin collection. Price was $90. The story is that it's an early Vietnam bringback, but obviously with no papers that can't be proven. The fact that it's been in a personal collection for a while, that's it's all matching (w/ correct cleaning rod), and that it has no import markings would lead one to believe this...

Condition is pretty good once I cleaned the barrel: lots of gunk and crust, but now it's bright and shiney inside. Very good rifling and decent crown. Pitting exists where the metal meets the stock, but not too terrible.

If anyone is an expert, lemme know if you see anything that makes you think this couldn't be a bringback - otherwise I'm going to go with the story that it is .

right_side.jpg

left_side.jpg

cleaning_rod.jpg

type_53_sn.jpg

mag_plate.jpg

bolt.jpg

butt_plate.jpg

buttstock_stamp.jpg

barrel.jpg

-Thirtycal