JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone... Wondering what people on this site are seeing the M44 Mosin Nagant going for these days. Our local pawn shop has one for sale, and I'm possibly interested, but his price seems a little high @ $230. That's just the rifle itself... no sling, pouches or other accessories. I did a cursory inspection on it, and barrel does seem dirty, no signs of it being counter-bored though. Bolt a little tight, could be worked with though. Cosmetically about what one would expect for a refurbished military rifle like all the other Mosin Nagants floating around these days.

At any rate, if I could get an idea as to what a fair street value of what one of these rifles is worth, I'm possibly thinking of going back and making a counter-offer on it. I've checked on the internet, but prices seem to be all over the place, however seems like that I should be able to get one in my hands for about $200 delivered.

Let me know your thoughts! :)

someone correct me if I'm wrong please. Ive seen mosins go for dirt cheap like 90-150 bucks. you can pick them up much cheaper than that with pouches and whatever. talk the guy down or show him prices of other mosins. $230 is a bit pricey IMHO.

Aimsurplus had a bunch for sale. Looks like they just sold out but they might come back in stock. Only $170, but $15 for shipping and unless you have a C&R that puts it past $200 for a sight unseen rifle. I got really lucky and picked up a M38 and M44 both at the Clackamas gun broker for $100 apiece about a year or two ago. $150-200 seems like a pretty fair price to me.

I bought a M44 last month locally for $200. Really nice shape, but no accessories. I've seen 91/30s in the $90 - $150 range, but not M44s.

The other replies to this thread seem to not know thier mosins. 44's vary from 150 to 250 depending on various factors.

All mosins are not the same. 91/30's seem to have stabilized at the moment in the >100 dollar range (but just barely).

The Finn guns are in the $200 range or higher

59's seem to be the scarcest of the soviet era guns but still only fetch about 175-250.

Of course this is for all original guns that have not had their stocks refinished, or been modified in any way. As a collector anything else is not desirable.

$230.00? RUN AWAY!!! Last month Dandee sales had them for $79.00 a pop and in nice shape... sounds like your pawn broker is trying to sell a "Rare,Historic relic" and you're crazy if you pass it up! Bah!!!

Either you're confusing the 91/30 for the M44, or the sale in question would be a rare case of a very, very good price. Short of those rusty, cracked Chinese clones, you'd be hard-pressed to an M44 below $150, and usually not even that.

Either you're confusing the 91/30 for the M44, or the sale in question would be a rare case of a very, very good price. Short of those rusty, cracked Chinese clones, you'd be hard-pressed to an M44 below $150, and usually not even that.

1955 Chinese T53 mosin nagant Mosin-Nagant Rifles/Carbines for sale, gun classifieds or gun auction from GA_1033032. Buy or bid on this 1955 Chinese T53 mosin nagant in the category Mosin-Nagant Rifles/Carbines on GunsAmerica.
Really?

Cheapest I've seen a M44 locally were two pretty beat up ones at the local gun show for $175 each. I paid $230 shipped for mine that was a numbers matching in good shape off gunbroker and I still think I did well. It is not my first mosin rodeo but some guys in this thread are smokin' something if they think they'll find one for under $175 nowadays. I'd say for a M44 in good shape you're looking between $200-$250.

Big 5?

I check there on occasion but have not seen one in there ads for a long time. I am also a C&R and always looking for good ones with matching #'s. the last one I got was a 1946 Izzy about two and a half months ago and I have not seen anything decent since. To me the chinese 44's are crap!

I chimed in on a post here months ago on no more coming out of Russia and more or less got labled Chicken Little "The Sky is Falling" on this very subject. The going price on a very good Izzy or Tula with matched numbers, no counter bore are hitting between two to three hundred in some areas
and G. Broker. The 91/30 low wall round reciever rifles (1935-1941) seem to be getting scarcer also.
Sako and VTK can hit $400 better. Have not seen a decent looking Polish, Chezk or Hungarian in quite awhile.

M-38's https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2013&idcategory=2

http://www.empirearms.com/rifles.htm

Yes. Really.

I did say, "Short of those rusty, cracked Chinese clones, you'd be hard-pressed to an M44 below $150." You provided a link to exactly that, a rusty Chinese clone; look at the photos, that rear sight assembly is virtually caked in rust, the seller admits the bore is dark and pitted, that stock is beat to death, and to boot none of the parts mach and the cleaning rod is missing. Plus, with shipping and FFL transfer, you're at above $150 even for such a lousy specimen.

Again, a Chinese clone in terrible condition, is actually priced above $150 from the get-go, keep in mind they charge another $25 for shipping and if you don't have a C&R, you're looking at a total around $200, again for a lousy specimen that you are buying essentially sight unseen.

Again, deplorable condition, with shipping you're at $200 even if you do have a C&R license.

Same as the above, yes I suppose Google is my friend because it proves my point quite handily.

If beaten up Chinese clones are commanding those kinds of prices, one might suspect that a Russian original in decent shape should usually go for a bit more, certainly more than the $79 price tag you were quoting.

I would expect someone with a name like Russianfist would know the chinese type 53s are not real Russian M44's, they are M44 copies and total pieces of sh!t, like most things from China, and not what I'm talking about, friend.

Raftman and Wenis, you guys need to hug eachother and chill out!
I dont make it my business to troll threads and have no plans on doing so now. Raftman,thank you for taking the time to closer inspect the samples I listed, I didnt take much of a look because I was just grabbing quick examples.
Wenis, your tone seems hostile and your comment about all things from China would be incorrect. My MAK90 one of the cleanest made AK's I have ever seen and chose it for its quality above everything except a VEPR.

But, I digress.!

The OP states looking for a M44 but not specific about country of origin so thats what I was going on.
A few weeks ago I did happen to see an M44 at Cabelas for $237.00 but have no idea where it was from. But it was in really nice shape a first look.

I say find a nice one and enjoy it weather its Chinese or Finn or Russian or whatever!
The know it all gun snobs may pick it apart or say you paid to much but if you like it....who cares right?