Current Pricing, Enfield No. 4 (Mk. I, Mk. I*, Mk. 1/2, Mk. 2)

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Aero Denezol, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol
    Salem

I haven't been to a gun show for a while, and I was wondering what the current going rate $$$ is for Enfield No. 4's. Classic Firearms has them in stock for $699, condition Good to Very Good and that seems a little bit high to me.

I'm looking for shooters, so they don't have to be perfect. I prefer Canadian Long Branch or UK Mfg. Mk 1's over the Savage Mk I* or Long Branch 1*, but I would entertain a clean Savage or even a Mk. II.

Should I go the Gunbroker.com route, or wait to try my luck at a gun show? What is the best value?

2. Goosebrown

Goosebrown
    Columbia County
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

That sounds high to me. I got a cherry No 1 mark III* for $350 at cabelas 18 months ago. They had someone’s collection I think. I’d wait for a better price

Aero Denezol likes this.
  3. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX
    West of Portland from England
    Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If they're the type you want, and in good enough condition, some are going for that, seem to be a high variance in what people will pay for the right one.

I'd love a war time one, same specs you asked for. My '53 will have to do for now.

Aero Denezol likes this.
  4. tac

tac
    UK, Oregon and Ontario.
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

It never ceases to amaze me that you are getting your Lee-Enfields cheaper than we are here in yUK....

Shake of head.....

tac

5. cooper

cooper
    molalla
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

That is sick ....westcoast buyers (OR WA) ALREADY HAVE THEIR BELTS OFF AND SHOE LACES LOOSE BEFORE WE EVEN TOUCH THE PAPERWORK. RIDICULOUS?????
    DO YOU WANT ONE...A NICE ONE....PRICES ARE LIKELY NOT GOING DOWN ON THOSE...SPORTERS ALL DAY...MATCHING SUIT + TIE....GETTING HARDER TO FIND DEALS