JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like to know more about this? What FFL said that this could be done?
I don't think he would appreciate me giving out that info. Small town, small FFL a very long ways from Portland. Could be that I've been a customer of his since the 1970's, but I doubt that as he Never bends rules or laws. I was just as surprised as anyone that read my post probably was. I thought I saw this covered in the forum sometime in the last couple of months.

I don't think he would appreciate me giving out that info. Small town, small FFL a very long ways from Portland. Could be that I've been a customer of his since the 1970's, but I doubt that as he Never bends rules or laws. I was just as surprised as anyone that read my post probably was. I thought I saw this covered in the forum sometime in the last couple of months.
Good job wingspar for taking the high road and not giving in to that stuff. Once again that member looks like he is trying to get ffls in trouble or just some weird obsession with ffls. How many "what are ffls going to do?" "How are ffls going to handle this?", "ffls shoudl keep in mind that..." Etc threads has he made? Tons of them. All the while many threads from that person that indicate possible unlicensed gun dealer activity. Why would someone be so crazy concerned that ffls tow the line on every little detail, and explore it on a public forum? Must be obsessed with ffls at the least or there is something else going on here. Surely more poeple than just me noticed the previous threads that look like unlicensed dealer activity, constant questioning about ffls etc. Please note that I am not talking about wingspar here he did awesome. Really strange stuff. I say leave ffls the heck alone as far as attacks, playing ffl cop, mining for info, etc. They have it hard enough right now.

Last Edited:
QUESTION on Background Checks length of Time to go through now after 114 …. I bought a six shooter at the Sportsman in Salem on Dec. 12th​ 2022 and paid for the Background Check then . Was told it would be awhile for it to go through …. BUT its been 2 months now and still not done . Can someone give me a idea on where I am at in line now ? THANKS

I try to avoid Sportsmans at all costs unless absoutely necessary. Yesterday I went to Tick Licker to pick up my 6th gun transfer in 2 weeks. Those guys know what they are doing- In and out in less that 15 minutes, with gun in hand, and that included completing the background check/fingerprints, them entering it and getting the approval back, and WITH a line of about 20 people waiting for them to open. Granted, I am a bit of a 'regular', but still, they know how to process background checks fast and in high volume, unlike Sportsmans. Helps of course that I have filled out a ton of those BC forms, and can have it done and back to them in just a couple of minutes, but still. Very fortunate that for all six, for whatever unknown reason all were instant approvals for me. Crazy cause my last gun picked up yesterday was a Meridian Defense Pestilence which i ordered over a year and a half ago. So barely made it in time. Saturday was there with a friend filling out forms at the exact same time, both of us CHL, and i got instant approval, he went to the 4k range. Doesnt make sense. Dont know whose butt I kissed to get the 'instant approval' treatment. Good luck to everyone . .

I try to avoid Sportsmans at all costs unless absoutely necessary. Yesterday I went to Tick Licker to pick up my 6th gun transfer in 2 weeks. Those guys know what they are doing- In and out in less that 15 minutes, with gun in hand, and that included completing the background check/fingerprints, them entering it and getting the approval back, and WITH a line of about 20 people waiting for them to open. Granted, I am a bit of a 'regular', but still, they know how to process background checks fast and in high volume, unlike Sportsmans. Helps of course that I have filled out a ton of those BC forms, and can have it done and back to them in just a couple of minutes, but still. Very fortunate that for all six, for whatever unknown reason all were instant approvals for me. Crazy cause my last gun picked up yesterday was a Meridian Defense Pestilence which i ordered over a year and a half ago. So barely made it in time. Saturday was there with a friend filling out forms at the exact same time, both of us CHL, and i got instant approval, he went to the 4k range. Doesnt make sense. Dont know whose butt I kissed to get the 'instant approval' treatment. Good luck to everyone . . .

View attachment 1317514
Tick Licker is NOT where I'd ever do business again. Stopped in to buy a few Glock mags. Guy ahead of me was checking in on his rifle. The rifle was ordered off Tick Lickers website and was transferred over from their other location. The guy behind the counter says "I'm not going through a bunch of packages in the back room for one rifle, you'll be notified once it's checked in"... The guy replied saying he wasn't trying to be pushy just was hoping it went through before the new law was in place. The employees/owners had been talking about going out of business in 114 passed because they wouldn't survive off accessory sales alone. I should of walked out. Will never go back.

Tick Licker is NOT where I'd ever do business again. Stopped in to buy a few Glock mags. Guy ahead of me was checking in on his rifle. The rifle was ordered off Tick Lickers website and was transferred over from their other location. The guy behind the counter says "I'm not going through a bunch of packages in the back room for one rifle, you'll be notified once it's checked in"... The guy replied saying he wasn't trying to be pushy just was hoping it went through before the new law was in place. The employees/owners had been talking about going out of business in 114 passed because they wouldn't survive off accessory sales alone. I should of walked out. Will never go back.
What location?

During the heart of the chaos, there were literally hundreds of packages coming in. Their back room looked like a war zone, and the staff were pulling many extra hours outside of business hours, trying to handle It all. They have a clear policy that you need to wait until they call you before coming in, as they need to open, check in and inventory the firearm. I am kinda sorta a 'regular', only because i have a lot of guns shipped there, and even i know to wait until 'the call'. Just because your tracking number says 'delivered' doesnt mean they have it sitting on a shelf waiting for you. I saw their backrooms the weeks right when everything was hitting, and it was insane. Every day at opening day they would have a line around the building waiting for them to open their doors. If you do wait until the call, your experience is very good- you walk in, give them your name, and they will have the inventoried item out very quickly, paperwork ready to rock. During the heart of chaos I was usually in and out in less than 15 minutes, which included completing the CBC and getting instant approvals, and out the door with my firearm in hand.

QUESTION on Background Checks length of Time to go through now after 114 …. I bought a six shooter at the Sportsman in Salem on Dec. 12th​ 2022 and paid for the Background Check then . Was told it would be awhile for it to go through …. BUT its been 2 months now and still not done . Can someone give me a idea on where I am at in line now ? THANKS
Someone here is supposed to tell you that? Have you asked the FFL? Sounds like you need to go back and start over again at this point but again, how is someone here supposed to speak for the shop you paid for the gun at?

Once you went past 30 days they were supposed to notify you to come in and restart the process and fill out the 4473 again. THIS TIME they'll call it in, which is the "quicker" way to get a resolution.

Someone here is supposed to tell you that? Have you asked the FFL? Sounds like you need to go back and start over again at this point but again, how is someone here supposed to speak for the shop you paid for the gun at?
Ya know, lots of people have been sharing when they filled out their forms and when they got approval. What the op asked isn't unreasonable or stupid.
If you don't know the answer you could just, idk, not say anything?

My guess is you should be soonish, I was told the end of last week they were working on Dec 8th. I also told that even with my concealed handgun permit it would be about 6 weeks for me to get my gun. I used to be an instant but I guess not this time.

Seems like both of your responses would be better kept to yourself.
Who made you hall monitor?

Nd9GcSz0WkH9i9CDe1r5xQsulyj1yRvS2cxIQFyoA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews