JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would suggest checking with Northwest Armory in Tigard.
Haven't been in one for sometime, but they are traditionally one of the two highest inventory gun stores in the area.
I can confirm- was at NW Armory this AM when they opened to buy THIS ;-), and I was actually very surprised by the amount of stock they had on hand. Also was surprised that when I arrived at opening time at 10 am, there was only two other people in the parking lot waiting. In talking with the staff, they said that things have calmed down (relatively speaking) over the last 2 weeks. They also have a VERY good/organized process for handling the purchase of a firearm with the current uncertainty of 114's status. They have you sign a waiver that you are taking the high cap mags with you right there if your background check does not go through instantly, and then confirmed they are doing the 3 day release. I as always got another instant approval, which for whatever reason always happens for me #Blessed.. I did not use my CHL but used DL. Very friendly staff and a surprisingly large selection, highly recommend. If i lived closer I would probably use them more often.

Now, to go play with my new Sig P226 LEGION!!! ;-)
AF0A5705-54E5-4054-9615-8BCAD119D41D.jpeg

I can confirm- was at NW Armory this AM when they opened to buy THIS ;-), and I was actually very surprised by the amount of stock they had on hand. Also was surprised that when I arrived at opening time at 10 am, there was only two other people in the parking lot waiting. In talking with the staff, they said that things have calmed down (relatively speaking) over the last 2 weeks. They also have a VERY good/organized process for handling the purchase of a firearm with the current uncertainty of 114's status. They have you sign a waiver that you are taking the high cap mags with you right there if your background check does not go through instantly, and then confirmed they are doing the 3 day release. I as always got another instant approval, which for whatever reason always happens for me #Blessed.. I did not use my CHL but used DL. Very friendly staff and a surprisingly large selection, highly recommend. If i lived closer I would probably use them more often.

Now, to go play with my new Sig P226 LEGION!!! ;-)
View attachment 1348865
Did they have much of a selection of shotguns? It looks pretty limited from the looks of their website, but haven't actually been in there in years.

Did they have much of a selection of shotguns? It looks pretty limited from the looks of their website, but haven't actually been in there in years.
Sorry unfortunately between completing my forms and wanting to get back on the road, I didnt spend a ton of time looking through everything, so can't remember how much they had shotgun wise. I think they do a pretty good job though of keeping stock accurate on their website though, so i bet it probably is reflective what is there, as there website shows you which store they have stock of the item at, between the PDX location, Tigard, and Scottsdale. You can sign up for alerts on their website for when things come in stock, that is handy if you are looking for something specifIc.

I entered the queue Friday a week ago at 12,991 out of 29,403 (using CHL as ID). I checked yesterday and I had moved up to 10,336.

That means they were clearing an average of 379 per day.

If this continues I might be allowed to exercise my 2A rights in 4 more weeks.

What will happen with suppressors that are pending approval? I have on that is only 37 days in so it probably will not get approved before November.
So I am at almost 9 months on my form 4. my theory is they will use this as a way of stalling suppressors approvals. basically I feel they will use this to hire more ATF agents because they are backed up, only for it to not to speed up anything💩 like E-files 90 days what a fu$&ing joke.

I entered the queue Friday a week ago at 12,991 out of 29,403 (using CHL as ID). I checked yesterday and I had moved up to 10,336.

That means they were clearing an average of 379 per day.

If this continues I might be allowed to exercise my 2A rights in 4 more weeks.

After two weeks I'm now 8585 in the queue. They cleared 250/day in the last week, down from 379/day the previous week.

After two weeks I'm now 8585 in the queue. They cleared 250/day in the last week, down from 379/day the previous week.
I think it is actually higher than that- they announced a while back that they are now processing in the order recieved, without preference to CHL holders. However the system still puts them in as such. So say if you were to get put in the CHL queue at 12k today, but the overall queue is 28k, you are still overall having 28k CBC's in front of you. Having said that, it sounds like lately there has been some "batch" approvals, where someone in the queue with several CBCs waiting, if one gets approved they are approving them all for that individual. No confirmation for sure, but there have been some reports of it. I am guessing that might be a move by some of the officers agreeing to work OT on the backlog, and realizing that the current process is not efficient at all. . .

Form 4473 done December 5, 2022 with CHL

Today the FFL called and said I was approved. Just 4 days short of two months. Stupid Oregon politicians and voters. :mad: Too late in the day when I got the message, so I'll go pick her up tomorrow.

One thing the FFL told me when I went to pick up my not so recent purchase yesterday is that if I wanted add another gun to the 4473 that I filled out back on December 5, all he would have had to do was add it to the 4473 I had already filled out. No extra BGC needed since I had already been approved. If I'd known that, I'd have ordered a bolt action rifle that I want and had it sitting there waiting for the 4473 I'd filled out two months ago to be approved. It seems like that has been covered in this forum somewhere, but it went over my head. Actually, I was beginning to think that I would Never get approved because some politician in Portland would finally be able to overrule the judge in Harney county, so I was leery of making another purchase.

Went back to NW Armory at the Portland location yesterday because i couldnt help myself, had to have another Sig Legion (P229 this time) and got an instant approval again. Highly recommend this shop, as mentioned before they have their process down pat, and I was in and out, INCLUDING completing the CBC and getting instant approval, walking back out the door in TWELVE MINUTES flat.

They are doing the three day release if you dont get an instant however. I got there right as they opened, so the approval literally came back instantly, there was no delay. The store guy that entered my info said that it seems like he sees more instant approvals at the beginning/start of they day, and he is not sure if that is just coincidence or if it is because the staff working the queue at the State are fresh and just starting their day. Anyways my condolences for those of you waiting as long as you have- the good news is it also sounded like over the last week or two he said things had greatly calmed down- there was only three other people in the shop when i arrived at opening time, which was surprising to me as i was dreading it a little bit, figured due to it being a Saturday they would be slammed but weren't. They also had a very good selection and lots of good guns back in stock.

PS- these are the new P226/229 Legions which Sig surprised everyone by putting in RMR mounting holes a few weeks ago. Still have to get specialized screws (6-40) but at least now you dont have to buy a different slide or have anything milled:

F0A7D813-815F-405D-B06A-ABFDEB29B5FC.jpeg 8AC8FC75-7C31-4567-874E-4DDC1D9FF337.jpeg

One thing the FFL told me when I went to pick up my not so recent purchase yesterday is that if I wanted add another gun to the 4473 that I filled out back on December 5, all he would have had to do was add it to the 4473 I had already filled out. No extra BGC needed since I had already been approved. If I'd known that, I'd have ordered a bolt action rifle that I want and had it sitting there waiting for the 4473 I'd filled out two months ago to be approved. It seems like that has been covered in this forum somewhere, but it went over my head. Actually, I was beginning to think that I would Never get approved because some politician in Portland would finally be able to overrule the judge in Harney county, so I was leery of making another purchase.
I would like to know more about this? What FFL said that this could be done?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews