JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ballmer retired and left MSFT around 10 years ago.

But they're all in the

The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats - Politico

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014
Essay by billionaire Nick Hanauer, explaining (indirectly) why he's poured $100 million into or so into gun control with his crowd funding like amounts.
I at least appreciate he knows well enough where the pitchforks are pointed and why they're leaning his direction.
Makes sense to ban guns from that perspective, especially since he can afford whatever he wants and the mercs to use it, regardless of the laws us "poors" have to put up with.

I at least appreciate he knows well enough where the pitchforks are pointed and why they're leaning his direction.
Makes sense to ban guns from that perspective, especially since he can afford whatever he wants and the mercs to use it, regardless of the laws us "poors" have to put up with.
It's serious stuff, but I find it ironic that the primary accomplishment appears to be disarming people in blue cities and counties, since there really are no blue states.

Same here. I feel like the less common your name is compared to others submitted, the better chance you have. Having a CHL helps a ton but I've noticed my fellow asian guys for example all get instants, CHL or not. Totally subjective but just my observations
That is what I was told by my FFL. The less common your name, the greater chance for instant approval. I have a very uncommon name, I had instant approvals in the past and I also had to wait in the queue at times.

I think that even when an uncommon name is run, the OSP is trying to make the process/result appear as random as possible, to avoid a possible manipulation of the BGC system.

Here's an interesting twist. I have NEVER been put into queue. Always been instant. Dozens of times, even in the past week. Last gun I intend to buy is a special model Henry called "Evil Roy" (not a cowboy action shooter fan, but that short octagon barrel got me). As it's a special model, the serial number is "EVILROYnnnnnn". Wouldn't you know it? Got put 12,000th in the CHL line. Never happened before. I was talking to the FFL and it seems whenever they have serial numbers with words or phrases in it (such as the novelty lowers), they always seem to get put in queue, even for normally instant people. We were speculating if that's some sort of provision to review home made guns as most of those would end up with odd serial numbers.

Anyway, just sharing an observation and some gun shop chatter. No idea of the actual reason why, but I find it amusing that the last gun I intend to purchase gets me put in line. I'll pick it up next week after the 3 business day release.

Edit to add a picture because all this text and not enough pictures of guns is depressing. I'm going to have to do something about the "Evil Roy" on the stock. Maybe order a replacement stock from Henry.
H004TER-EvilRoy-hero-scaled.jpg

FYI: Purchased through Bimart I was at 2550 last Sunday and this Friday AM I am at 20XX or the state is processign about 100 chl's a day for this period of time.
Yup something really insidious is happening at the OSP FICS dept. The average monthly in 2020 was 34,838 completed, weekly average 8040, and 1150 a day average (this is based on their own report figures). They have added addition staff this year (over 50 percent more).
8 days ago i was at 32,500 when i applied. I checked today, I am at 31,630. They are processing less than 100 per day. Essentially they have virtually stopped processing. At this rate it will take over 300 days to clear me.
I do have a problem with an abundance of state tax funded employees not doing their job and sitting around playing tiddly winks meanwhile essentially denying me a 2nd amendment right.
They are not slow walking this, they are essentially for all practical purposes halting it since they know most dealers are too chicken bubblegum to legally turn the gun over after 3 days.
Nothing is stopping them from totally delaying any application for any length of time with the new 114. This time we won't have the benefit of a few courageous independent shops that do legally turn firearms over.

Yup something really insidious is happening at the OSP FICS dept. The average monthly in 2020 was 34,838 completed, weekly average 8040, and 1150 a day average (this is based on their own report figures). They have added addition staff this year (over 50 percent more).
8 days ago i was at 32,500 when i applied. I checked today, I am at 31,630. They are processing less than 100 per day. Essentially they have virtually stopped processing. At this rate it will take over 300 days to clear me.
I do have a problem with an abundance of state tax funded employees not doing their job and sitting around playing tiddly winks meanwhile essentially denying me a 2nd amendment right.
They are not slow walking this, they are essentially for all practical purposes halting it since they know most dealers are too chicken bubblegum to legally turn the gun over after 3 days.
Nothing is stopping them from totally delaying any application for any length of time with the new 114. This time we won't have the benefit of a few courageous independent shops that do legally turn firearms over.
I'd love to hear the reason Deputy Superintendent Jon Harrington of the OSP is retiring at the end of the year.

For someone in a high ranking position like his, seems odd to announce your retirement so hastily and be gone in such a short period of time??

Seems like BGC's really came to a halt about the time he made his retirement announcement. Almost like he wasn't going to stand by and watch/participate in what OSP was planning to do.

Maybe I'm giving him too much moral credit, but the correlation/timing is there. Whether or not it's related?? only those on the inside will ever know.

I'd love to hear the reason Deputy Superintendent Jon Harrington of the OSP is retiring at the end of the year.

For someone in a high ranking position like his, seems odd to announce your retirement so hastily and be gone in such a short period of time??

Seems like BGC's really came to a halt about the time he made his retirement announcement. Almost like he wasn't going to stand by and watch/participate in what OSP was planning to do.

Maybe I'm giving him too much moral credit, but the correlation/timing is there. Whether or not it's related?? only those on the inside will ever know.

They didn't seem to do anything today again.seems the people calling in has ended the Que completely.
Details?

They didn't seem to do anything today again.seems the people calling in has ended the Que completely.
Hmm interesting. They stated that background checks will continue but the new rules say that only LEOs can initiate a background check, not FFLs. I wonder if they are shutting things down due to the conflict with the new rules or perhaps they gave people a long weekend due to hours worked recently (most likely I would guess but I don't know a damned thing about it).

7778BDF8-FAC9-43F3-80A3-77B7E69F3FE5.jpeg

Hmm interesting. They stated that background checks will continue but the new rules say that only LEOs can initiate a background check, not FFLs. I wonder if they are shutting things down due to the conflict with the new rules or perhaps they gave people a long weekend due to hours worked recently (most likely I would guess but I don't know a damned thing about it).

View attachment 1327351
nope its just normal. 114 isn't in effect. so its no different then it was month ago, except they just argent doing any bgc for people in que anymore it seems.

So... are background checks invalid after 30 days? I hear some conflicting answers.
Mine had to be called in under the new federal law, if that makes any difference

Having moved here from Idaho, think I'll just wander over there to make a purchase.
Wanna know the legal private party purchase process in Idaho?
Buying a gun....you need...money
Selling a gun...you need....a gun
that's it, no background check, no FFL involvement....nuthin.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top