JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, yeah. I got it backwards. Not the first time I've done that. Some of the instant ones I've had, I was sure were going to the queue. And then some I was sure were gonna be instant, actually did.

Same here. I feel like the less common your name is compared to others submitted, the better chance you have. Having a CHL helps a ton but I've noticed my fellow asian guys for example all get instants, CHL or not. Totally subjective but just my observations

I had one where the OR DL had a first and middle initial only. So, that's what I entered to match the DMV database. I couldn't get my finger off the enter button before it was approved!! It's the same for that customer every time.
Still blows my mind.

Yep I had one guy no middle name at all, born in China but US citizen, bam instant. One of my best friends has 2 first names, his middle and last name super Asian lol, instant too, twice in a row. Neither guy has a CHL. Meanwhile my dad has been just steadily moving backwards in line since 3 weeks ago haha

I also got delayed recently even with my FFL and CHL, unfortunately my name is from my white half lol. Took 3 days to clear my last one and that was when the queue was at like 12k. Before I've always had instants tho

Didn't want to use Cabela's, but had two LGS tell me they couldn't get the guns I wanted. Order was cancelled today, without my knowledge or approval, after ordering almost a month ago. I have a CHL and have over 2 dozen purchases from LGS's and was about 6000 when the BG check was initiated 15 days ago. The kicker is I called them less then 14 hours before they cancelled me and wouldn't tell me JS. I swore off Dick's after they screwed us and I have no issue blacklisting Cabela's either.
Re Cabela's, sir... true dat. Not a fan. When I was a teenager living in La Grande in the 80's and got their catalogs, yeah. But that was a loooong time ago.

This last summer, I had the distinct pleasure of buying an unfired 1990 vintage 375 H&H A-bolt from Griffin and Howe's inventory. The man that sold me that gun over the phone was a true gentleman, humble and on point. Gun counter employees at Cabelas not so much. Been in there several times over a decade or so, Springfield store. Maybe it's just bad luck or whatever, but those guys are toads, in my experience. And prices through the roof. Non-recommend.

Pardon my rant, please. Just.... geez.

I had one where the OR DL had a first and middle initial only. So, that's what I entered to match the DMV database. I couldn't get my finger off the enter button before it was approved!! It's the same for that customer every time.
Still blows my mind.
That may be my freind JT _ _ _ _ _! His dad's buddy in the war, "JT" saved his life, so he named his first son JT, no periods.

I hardly see the difference between a company and those who run it, but I definitely see your point.
Ballmer retired and left MSFT around 10 years ago.

But they're all in the

The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats - Politico

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014
Essay by billionaire Nick Hanauer, explaining (indirectly) why he's poured $100 million into or so into gun control with his crowd funding like amounts.

Didn't want to use Cabela's, but had two LGS tell me they couldn't get the guns I wanted. Order was cancelled today, without my knowledge or approval, after ordering almost a month ago. I have a CHL and have over 2 dozen purchases from LGS's and was about 6000 when the BG check was initiated 15 days ago. The kicker is I called them less then 14 hours before they cancelled me and wouldn't tell me JS. I swore off Dick's after they screwed us and I have no issue blacklisting Cabela's either.
Boarder,
You and I are in the same situation, do you know what this actually means for us? I bought a handgun at Cabelas November 21st and even with my CHL I went to the back of the entire line. Don't know if Cabelas screwed something up or just bad luck. The guy doing the paperwork said he had to cancel the sale as it was not an instant approval. A more senior employee said no he didn't because I had my CHL and their policy was to not cancel CHL. I went earlier this week and have now gone from 20,xxx to 22,xxx. They still show my background as active but when I checked my credit card statement it shows they cancelled the transaction the same day I made the purchase, so they must have done so as soon as I left.
I have heard that they shipped any guns that will accept a 10+ round magazine out of the state. We both still have active background checks in the process; if they were to get approved will Cabelas ship the gun back in and complete the sale, or tell us to pound sand?
Good luck with your transaction

All of this is crazy considering I got an instant last week and week before with no chl. I was going to cancel the one last week if it didn't come back instant. And who knows if they are just making errors in applications because they are tired or whatever? I triple checked everything and used my SS and usually don't.

The bad part is a computer decides where in the line up you go depending on it's internal checklist of the answers and other criteria only known by the programmer. The more CHLs go into the list, the farther everyone else gets pushed out. I had a local cop get delayed only to clear 3 weeks later. I have one CHL holder at 23K. Just doesn't matter who you are.

A buddy and I did two transfers at TJ's Guns, now located in beautiful downtown Lafeyette, Oregon, and they went through immediately. I would have bet a lot of money on that not happening.

I have a CHL got instant approval the person I traded with did not have a CHL and got instant approval. Each individual is a different case so unfortunately getting a " general idea" on the number of people in the que does little to nothing to be helpful. I say buy them and if you get put in the que then assess or ask questions in regards to what happens if you get delayed. At this point that is pretty much all you can do is try and prey to the Gods you get that instant approval.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top