JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up my firearm yesterday, after a 2 business day wait. The FFL told me the numbers cited in my OP at the original time of purchase. I asked yesterday how this was cleared for approval so quickly.

The FFL shop owner told me in an effort to help clear his backlog, he ran a second request on me by phone and paid the OSP $10 fee again - and I received instant approval.

That would be different from the online electronic submission originally filed. I imagine the technique used by this FFL might work for others too if they are willing. He said it was a 10 min. wait on hold to reach OSP to place the phone request. Considering how busy FFLs are processing applications, not many are willing to do it by phone.

FYI, because it was a second request (by phone) after notifying me of approval on arrival for pickup, I needed to fillout ATF Form 4473 again, with revised dates.
curious what if instead it put you in back of the que. would it cancel your oringal BGC?

curious what if instead it put you in back of the que. would it cancel your oringal BGC?
Never crossed this bridge before, all I know is I received instant approval by phone (for the 2nd time in a month or so). The previous time was just before the election. If I had to guess, the first request that came up (original BGC) would prevail and the newer one ignored.

As described earlier, the phone in (Monday) was after an electronic submission last Thursday and was told (w/CHL) I was 8,000 in line.

Never crossed this bridge before, all I know is I received instant approval by phone (for the 2nd time in a month or so). The previous time was just before the election. If I had to guess, the first request that came up (original BGC) would prevail and the newer one ignored.

As described earlier, the phone in (Monday) was after an electronic submission last Thursday and was told (w/CHL) I was 8,000 in line.
didn't even think you could have two bgc with same serial numbers.

The queue continues to climb, its now at 37130 🙄 feels like they'll never catch up at this rate lol
Are people liking Portland voters more and more that supported this 114!! Please do not forget the Washington County and Linn County voters that supported this 114.
Best idea. Take your money out of banks that do business in Pdx et al and put the money in a community credit union. The big banksters and big business supported 114 ?

Are people liking Portland voters more and more that supported this 114!! Please do not forget the Washington County and Linn County voters that supported this 114.
Best idea. Take your money out of banks that do business in Pdx et al and put the money in a community credit union. The big banksters and big business supported 114 ?
Hey Mr Portland voter, you'd better step back before FALSELY calling out my county (Linn), we voted it down by a margin of over 2 to 1.
75DF43F0-FFA5-4A49-9D13-3EB95C0ECC22.png

Maybe you meant Lane County?

Actually looks more like microsoft was the big supporter...

I do think that is the plan as keeping with old deadline. they dont seem to be acknowledging the postponement or TRO. I was there after the TRO came though and gun counter was empty all magazines removed. told they being shipped out to state that day instead of waiting til after 8th.
That's BS if the FFL is not waiting and removing manufacturers parts from the firearms...

They better be discounting those firearms to the total retail cost of the firearms mags they removed...

Let's hope OSP starts processing more BGC's now! It feels like the wheels of motion have slowed to a crawl in the BGC department.
Without the queue getting cleaned up & cleared out, LEVO and Oregon politicians are getting exactly what they want anyway - the halt to gun sales!
If OSP can keep delaying and kicking the can down the road in hopes of the permitting process taking effect, again, they are getting exactly what they want.
Let's hope this 10 day pause turns into something much longer and forces OSP to get back to business as usually and start clearing out the queue!!

Either way, I'm glad that today, Dec 8, isn't as somber of a day as it could've been!
Thank you Judge Raschio and GOA!!!

Actually looks more like microsoft was the big supporter...
I doubt Microsoft the company was, but Steve Ballmer and wife are chummy with Seattle-based billionaire Nick Hanauer who founded WA. "Alliance for Gun Responsibility" as the preeminent gun control-ban operation in the Pacific NW. The Ballmers give generously to deny our rights.

Let's hope OSP starts processing more BGC's now! It feels like the wheels of motion have slowed to a crawl in the BGC department.
Without the queue getting cleaned up & cleared out, LEVO and Oregon politicians are getting exactly what they want anyway - the halt to gun
Based on their yearly background check totals for 2020 and 2021 for comparison they should be able to easily complete from 6500 to 8040 checks a week. In 2020 they completed a total of 418,060 background checks, since then they have had increased funding for over 50 percent more positions (17 additional). So really they should be able to complete over 8000 checks a week with the additional staff. If they are not something is really fishy.

I doubt Microsoft the company was, but Steve Ballmer and wife are chummy with Seattle-based billionaire Nick Hanauer who founded WA. "Alliance for Gun Responsibility" as the preeminent gun control-ban operation in the Pacific NW. The Ballmers give generously to deny our rights.
Yeah, I saw somewhere that Ballmer's wife (Seattle resident) was the biggest individual donor at $750,000. But hard to know how much Soros money went to the various groups supporting it.

I hardly see the difference between a company and those who run it, but I definitely see your point.
I didn't know Hanauer was so well affiliated with them tho. Any way you split it, we're looking at 1m+ just from those two jack-wagons...

Based on their yearly background check totals for 2020 and 2021 for comparison they should be able to easily complete from 6500 to 8040 checks a week. In 2020 they completed a total of 418,060 background checks, since then they have had increased funding for over 50 percent more positions (17 additional). So really they should be able to complete over 8000 checks a week with the additional staff. If they are not something is really fishy.
Something is fishy IMO.
Feels like BGC progress really slowed starting middle/end of last week.

Didn't want to use Cabela's, but had two LGS tell me they couldn't get the guns I wanted. Order was cancelled today, without my knowledge or approval, after ordering almost a month ago. I have a CHL and have over 2 dozen purchases from LGS's and was about 6000 when the BG check was initiated 15 days ago. The kicker is I called them less then 14 hours before they cancelled me and wouldn't tell me JS. I swore off Dick's after they screwed us and I have no issue blacklisting Cabela's either.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top