JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well----%$#&^.

CHL waitlist:
11/23 I was at 6,547
Checked on 11/30 ---- 3,280

Just checked today, 12/5 at 2 PM

2,320 with 2 days to go. If they shut it down 12/7 I am screwed.
Not a fan of giving the AG an extension---but an injunction would be nice.
Since yesterday at 3 pm they were at 2550 so today at 2 pm they are at 2320 or they completed 230 in 24 hours. I have been estimating they are processing 250 of chl a day. Yuk!

how the bubblegum does it take 2 weeks to a month to longer to buy a gun with NO BAN in effect!

Every FFL should have been doing the 3 day release since 2020. This is prime example of boiling frogs.

Bimart is holding my chl gun following an ongoing back ground check for 14 days now! I am waiting in line with about 2300 in front of me. You would think that they would release all those with a chl if the application was outstanding for 7 or more days at least!

Bimart is holding my chl gun following an ongoing back ground check for 14 days now! I am waiting in line with about 2300 in front of me. You would think that they would release all those with a chl if the application was outstanding for 7 or more days at least!
Bimart does not do anything special for anyone...

Can confirm what others have said. Front of the line has slowed down a lot. CHL is looking like 170/day average over the last 4 days. Sounds like there's been some random number approvals. I wonder if OSP pulled examiners off the front to work higher numbers, non chl, 30-day+

Can confirm what others have said. Front of the line has slowed down a lot. CHL is looking like 170/day average over the last 4 days. Sounds like there's been some random number approvals. I wonder if OSP pulled examiners off the front to work higher numbers, non chl, 30-day+
Wow. I was at 2550 with chl last Sunday at 2 p,m. Now looks like 20 additional days if the 2550 level clears. Yuk...

At the pace OSP has been processing BGC's and with the likely continued rush of CHL holders buying guns, even with an extra 30 days, it's not looking good for many non-CHL holders in the queue.
Very sad day for Oregon and the constitution.

Filled out the form today at a local FFL - w/CPL was told there's an 8,000 backlog, which beats the 30,000 non-CPL waitlist I suppose. It was around 2pm - owner said NICS was down too.
Posted the above last Thur; Got a call yesterday (Mon) saying I cleared. The FFL said something about paying an extra $10 to the OSP which didn't really make sense to me - I go in to pick up my semi-auto shotgun this afternoon and will ask.

But having been at 8,000 Thur then clearing Monday has to be a good sign.

Am I correct to assume that if a chl wanted to buy a firearm under the now loose 30 days they would not likely clear. Am I correct that the fed judge gave the state 30 days to implement and within the next 30 days we can purchase without a permit to purchase?

Posted the above last Thur; Got a call yesterday (Mon) saying I cleared. The FFL said something about paying an extra $10 to the OSP which didn't really make sense to me - I go in to pick up my semi-auto shotgun this afternoon and will ask.

But having been at 8,000 Thur then clearing Monday has to be a good sign.
You jumped to the front of the line somehow. No way they cleared 8k BGC's ahead of you in that timeframe.

Someone in another thread said they had a friend in the non-CHL line that's only been in the queue for "two weeks" that just got cleared. If this is true, their friend also got pushed to the front of the line somehow. There are still people in the non-CHL queue that've been there longer than two weeks; some people closer to a month.

Word from OFF is that there's a 30-day delay in the permitting requirement, but everything else goes into effect as scheduled… but many FFL's have stopped accepting transfers, both between private parties and especially of things getting shipped in. I kind of doubt it, but any indications that they're going to resume?

Am I correct to assume that if a chl wanted to buy a firearm under the now loose 30 days they would not likely clear. Am I correct that the fed judge gave the state 30 days to implement and within the next 30 days we can purchase without a permit to purchase?
that would be my interpretation as well, (if by "next" 30 days you mean 30 days from the 8th). My concern is just how slow walking the background check process is going to be in this next 30 days.

So, as of 12:25 pm, Kevin Starrett (on Lars Larson) stated that a state judge in Harney County provide a 10 day temporary restraining order on the whole of 114. Rosenbaum needs to show up in Harney county on the 13th with arguments why 114 should move forward…

So, as of 12:25 pm, Kevin Starrett (on Lars Larson) stated that a state judge in Harney County provide a 10 day temporary restraining order on the whole of 114. Rosenbaum needs to show up in Harney county on the 13th with arguments why 114 should move forward…
Link to official news source -

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads