JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am right behind you. We are so close. Out of our hands now and into those of OSP and our FFLs who refuse to release 🥹 😬

Try being at 11K for 28 days :(
Could you go to your dealers, dial the OSP number, sit on hold for the 2-3hrs, have the shop give the last 5 of their FFL and password over the phone, and run your background via phone... Once on the line, if your going to pass, takes about 5 minutes or so, pay them the extra 10-12 and then have OSP cancel the one in the que....

Take your firearm home...

Could you go to your dealers, dial the OSP number, sit on hold for the 2-3hrs, have the shop give the last 5 of their FFL and password over the phone, and run your background via phone... Once on the line, if your going to pass, takes about 5 minutes or so, pay them the extra 10-12 and then have OSP cancel the one in the que....

Take your firearm home...
That's a thing? That's a new one by me but sounds quite clever!

You've done that successfully before? I guess it would be helpful if you were on a personal basis with your FFL, hu?

That's a thing? That's a new one by me but sounds quite clever!

You've done that successfully before? I guess it would be helpful if you were on a personal basis with your FFL, hu?
I've been helping out my FFL for months and this last week, I've been bringing all my cell phones and putting them behind the counter with the employees phones, I bring portable power packs to keep the phones charged and overall there is about 8+ phones all on hold with OSP, we know based on how many are in the que which will pickup, have a list in order of backgrounds setup to do, and I often check the phones for the hold time, cycling the ones likely to pickup to the employees.

When one picks up, the we grab next background in line and get it put in...

We didn't have to stay late as we got all the backgrounds done...

Unless you know your an instant approval, we call it in, you can try your luck entering online, if it for whatever reason puts you at the back of the line, $10 more and we add it to the call list...

I've been helping out my FFL for months and this last week, I've been bringing all my cell phones and putting them behind the counter with the employees phones, I bring portable power packs to keep the phones charged and overall there is about 8+ phones all on hold with OSP, we know based on how many are in the que which will pickup, have a list in order of backgrounds setup to do, and I often check the phones for the hold time, cycling the ones likely to pickup to the employees.

When one picks up, the we grab next background in line and get it put in...

We didn't have to stay late as we got all the backgrounds done...

Unless you know your an instant approval, we call it in, you can try your luck entering online, if it for whatever reason puts you at the back of the line, $10 more and we add it to the call list...
Good to know, I will be checking with them in the morning, thanks for the idea.

I've been helping out my FFL for months and this last week, I've been bringing all my cell phones and putting them behind the counter with the employees phones,
That is slick!! Nice one! :s0155:
Good to know, I will be checking with them in the morning, thanks for the idea.
Yeah... it pays to know the right people around here, hu!

Tip your waiter... 🤣

That is slick!! Nice one! :s0155:

Yeah... it pays to know the right people around here, hu!

Tip your waiter... 🤣
Well, today, a couple came on, asked us in the afternoon if they could do anything when they went out for coffee, they brought back coffee for everyone and snacks... somehow their background got priority and was done when they got back with the goodies...

When I go back on Tuesday, I'm bringing pulled pork for sandwiches to feed the crew...

I also ordered from Sportmans because all the small shops I go to didn't have in stock and told me the distributors were out. It's just messed up all over.
Not to hijack, but I recently ordered a used gun XDM40 with TWO magazines on Nov 20, 2022, and received it Nov 28, I did the paperwork on the 29th at my LGS, and entered the queue. I did take home the THREE 16-round magazines (not TWO), but in spite of using my Oregon CCL (It is a Concealed Carry License) I have to wait.

Earlier I (and others) were talking about Tick Licker Firearms in Salem.

To begin with, I don't work for Tick Licker, and have zero affiliation with them (other than being a customer.) I'm just describing my experience with them in that regard.

Yesterday, I wrote:

At around noon today (90 minutes ago) Tick Licker called me and without going into too much detail, they told me to pick up my purchases, which had been waiting in limbo there for a couple of weeks. They also told me that they were thinking of stopping any transfers after Wednesday, and encouraged me to visit ASAP.

I arrived at Tick Licker at about 1230, where I found a very short line, and a very stressed out bunch of staff members. I think these guys have basically been running themselves ragged trying to serve their customers. I did manage to ask a couple of questions as they got me out of their store as rapidly as possible.

1. I'm not the only CHL holder who was queued for the first time. Thousands of people are in this situation.
2. They never got any response (It's been over a week since they submitted my background check) and so they were letting me have my stuff under the 3-day rule.
3. While they may be preparing to stop transferring firearms, they told me they had plans to stay open selling accessories for as long as possible.

I can not speak to whether there is some sort of policy change at Tick Licker, or whether they were just being nice to me (at this point they sorta know me at a personal level.) They've been discussed here and the consensus seems to be that they were not following the 3-day part of the law. At least in my case, they did do so this afternoon.

If you decide to call or visit Tick Licker, be aware that they have almost no stock left. I saw a few shotguns and a few deer rifles, and I didn't see any pistols left at all. I didn't see anyone shouting or being rude, but the atmosphere in the store suggests that this may have happened. Please be nice to these guys.

One final thought: During the pandemic I saw the most shameless price-gouging and ruthless exploitation of shooters in Oregon, by retailers who ought to have known better. Special mention goes to big box stores like Cabela's in Tualatin, and Sportsman's Warehouse down on Lancaster. I will never shop at either of those stores again in my life, for any reason. I also saw TriTac (which is a very fun place to shoot) selling 9mm ammo at around $2.00 per round. I started buying stuff at Tick Licker because they NEVER did this (and they are the only store that didn't, in my experience). They got cases of ammo (cheap Tula and CCI Blazer) and consistently sold it for less than what it was going for anywhere else -- so much so that I suspect they didn't adjust their markup at all. The greatest tragedy of this ridiculous new law is what it's doing to these serious businessmen, all in favor of the typical corporate vultures who just rip people off because they can.
I normally avoid Cabela's, mainly because in good times they are terrible at getting your BGC done both in UT and OR from my experience. On rare occasions I have done Sportsman's and had good results. But speaking for the past month Sportsman's in Tanasbourne while painfully slow has not been price gouging. I picked up two pistols past two weeks and paid the same price as anywhere. And everything else is their normal price.

My buddy in UT just went to Cabela's a week ago and it took them hours to get his gun, and they had no other customers!

Decided to risk another purchase. Just under 4,000 in the queue; not sure how much of that is just normal Friday evening rush. Was told to expect 2 weeks which is probably assuming no more people than normal get put ahead in the queue.
Approved today; exactly 30 days (minus a couple hours). Not sure if they're having someone work on the checks that are at 30 days, the extra people they were rumored to be training are being trained on the non-chl queue, or something else. Either way I'll take it, but it's not a good sign for the other one I've been waiting on since Nov. 8.

Last Edited:
seems the AG is asking for postponement for permit part. so hopefully all of us will get our guns. if judge grants it I'm going by a ar lower. course we'll still have to fight it and rest for years but its something for us stuck in the que.

Well----%$#&^.

CHL waitlist:
11/23 I was at 6,547
Checked on 11/30 ---- 3,280

Just checked today, 12/5 at 2 PM

2,320 with 2 days to go. If they shut it down 12/7 I am screwed.
Not a fan of giving the AG an extension---but an injunction would be nice.

Approved today; exactly 30 days (minus a couple hours). Not sure if they're having someone work on the checks that are at 30 days, the extra people they were rumored to be training are being trained on the non-chl queue, or something else. Either way I'll take it, but it's not a good sign for the other one I've been waiting on since Nov. 8.
Same thing happened to me. I'm just happy to have gotten through, and I bought before election day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top