JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So went to Sportsman's at 7:50 am today was 36 in line already. I checked out at 5:50 pm. So it was 10 hours for them to get through 36 numbers. I got another instant BGC with no CHL. Only did Sportsman's because it's the only place 2 weeks ago that could get me a Glock 43X MOS.

Sounds about right. I was #24 last week and finally checked out around 2:30 or so. My only beef was that they had exactly two guys running the counter. I was like, "Y'all should have 10 people working this counter today, and pay the overtime if you need to. You'll more than come out ahead with the increased sales."

A dude can dream.

Stopped into Sportsman's on 185th around 6:00 pm tonight, Gun cases still barren…. There were signs up, they were no longer giving tickets for today as they had reached their processing capacity for the day…

They were serving B2 at the time and I'd guesstimate 15-18 people waiting to be served…. Some powders on the shelf, prices have gone up, 4227 is $56/lb, wow!!! Lots of Cheddite 209 primers. I suspect things will look much different next Friday :-(

Stopped into Sportsman's on 185th around 6:00 pm tonight, Gun cases still barren…. There were signs up, they were no longer giving tickets for today as they had reached their processing capacity for the day…

They were serving B2 at the time and I'd guesstimate 15-18 people waiting to be served…. Some powders on the shelf, prices have gone up, 4227 is $56/lb, wow!!! Lots of Cheddite 209 primers. I suspect things will look much different next Friday :-(
any blue dot powder?

So I checked out at 5:50 and got my ticked at 7:50 am. They started at A50 I was A87. (By 8:10 am there were about 80 tickets pulled) Some of the people got there at 6 am. They ran out of tickets around 1 pm I believe, and not all of them are going to get in before closing. Not much in stock most everybody there is buying guns they ordered online. I was told they has 2 pallets show that day with ordered guns they haven't had a chance to even check in yet. It can take up to 2 days to check in firearms at this point after receiving them. It's best to call them and see if they have it checked in before going, if they even answer the phone. Some people got the email that it arrived but get to the counter and it's not ready yet. They are extremely slow there but in their defense they are doing the best they can. Working 12 hour shifts and as many days as they want.They have 4 computer running as fast as possible inputing BGC. I have been there many time over the past two week. I don't normally go there but I didn't have many options at this point.

Also talked to several people that waited a very long time only to have them close and have to start over the next day. So plenty of unhappy customers and the employee are having to deal with this. The store manager was working the gun counter the 10 hours that I seen.

Also part of the problem is that customers are buying multiple guns at a time. I seen lots of people getting 5 guns at once. And those customers are taking their sweet time, looking over the guns and talking. I watched one guy pretty much do nothing but BS for over 45 mins. There is an issue of customers waiting all day but when it's their turn they take all the time they want. They should be pushing the customers to move out quicker.

Last Edited:
Sounds about right. I was #24 last week and finally checked out around 2:30 or so. My only beef was that they had exactly two guys running the counter. I was like, "Y'all should have 10 people working this counter today, and pay the overtime if you need to. You'll more than come out ahead with the increased sales."

A dude can dream.
Yeah, two weeks ago I got there at 8 am and was like 26 in line and checked out after 1 pm. They had 4 guys working the counter I believe. They are paying overtime and letting them work as many hours as they want, but the employees are telling me they are burn out. Every other customer is mad or complain about something. Some have a point and other customers are just being unreasonable. I don't hang out I just levee and go back and check the number sever times a day. No point in sitting there until you're about 10 within of your number. You can call them and ask what number they are pulling. But when I was at the customer service counter I hear a guy say they were at 82 and they were at 88 and that's can be a hours difference. Best to talk to the gun people not the front.

Agreed. In this environment with a maximum of 5 days left for purchasing I have decided to revise my desires to fit what is available.
Yup, get what's available because ordering is to late now. And if you get put in the queue you're not getting your gun at this point. So if you don't get an instant BGC just cancel it.
Yeah some of the smaller LGS are releasing after 3 days. But IMO it's because they don't want to get stuck with the inventory, and many are concerned with going out of business.

Only thing in stock at Spotsmans is shotguns and bolt action. They has just a few ARs and some were just 22lr. Then a hand full of pistols that nobody wants.

Earlier I (and others) were talking about Tick Licker Firearms in Salem.

To begin with, I don't work for Tick Licker, and have zero affiliation with them (other than being a customer.) I'm just describing my experience with them in that regard.

Yesterday, I wrote:
Can confirm that Tick Licker dropped the ball. I've never waited before (CHL holder). I've been waiting way longer than 3 days.
At around noon today (90 minutes ago) Tick Licker called me and without going into too much detail, they told me to pick up my purchases, which had been waiting in limbo there for a couple of weeks. They also told me that they were thinking of stopping any transfers after Wednesday, and encouraged me to visit ASAP.

I arrived at Tick Licker at about 1230, where I found a very short line, and a very stressed out bunch of staff members. I think these guys have basically been running themselves ragged trying to serve their customers. I did manage to ask a couple of questions as they got me out of their store as rapidly as possible.

1. I'm not the only CHL holder who was queued for the first time. Thousands of people are in this situation.
2. They never got any response (It's been over a week since they submitted my background check) and so they were letting me have my stuff under the 3-day rule.
3. While they may be preparing to stop transferring firearms, they told me they had plans to stay open selling accessories for as long as possible.

I can not speak to whether there is some sort of policy change at Tick Licker, or whether they were just being nice to me (at this point they sorta know me at a personal level.) They've been discussed here and the consensus seems to be that they were not following the 3-day part of the law. At least in my case, they did do so this afternoon.

If you decide to call or visit Tick Licker, be aware that they have almost no stock left. I saw a few shotguns and a few deer rifles, and I didn't see any pistols left at all. I didn't see anyone shouting or being rude, but the atmosphere in the store suggests that this may have happened. Please be nice to these guys.

One final thought: During the pandemic I saw the most shameless price-gouging and ruthless exploitation of shooters in Oregon, by retailers who ought to have known better. Special mention goes to big box stores like Cabela's in Tualatin, and Sportsman's Warehouse down on Lancaster. I will never shop at either of those stores again in my life, for any reason. I also saw TriTac (which is a very fun place to shoot) selling 9mm ammo at around $2.00 per round. I started buying stuff at Tick Licker because they NEVER did this (and they are the only store that didn't, in my experience). They got cases of ammo (cheap Tula and CCI Blazer) and consistently sold it for less than what it was going for anywhere else -- so much so that I suspect they didn't adjust their markup at all. The greatest tragedy of this ridiculous new law is what it's doing to these serious businessmen, all in favor of the typical corporate vultures who just rip people off because they can.

If you decide to call or visit Tick Licker, be aware that they have almost no stock left. I saw a few shotguns and a few deer rifles, and I didn't see any pistols left at all. I didn't see anyone shouting or being rude, but the atmosphere in the store suggests that this may have happened. Please be nice to these guys.
I don't work at Lincoln City Sporting Goods, buy I help out alot on my days off.

Today we have had a lot of people from Salem come in as we have inventory left.

We phone in everyone and get the approvals (providing you can pass) same day or next day as we stay till 10 when osp shuts down getting backgrounds run.

Attachments

• 20221203_144859.jpg
    20221203_144859.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20221203_144853.jpg
    20221203_144853.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20221203_144848.jpg
    20221203_144848.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20221203_144842.jpg
    20221203_144842.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20221203_144838.jpg
    20221203_144838.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 83
Don't know how useful this is but went to Keizer Bi-Mart and their affiliate Cascade Outdoor today looking specifically for a SW MP 2.0 EZ in 9MM as a gift for my wife. No crowded counter at either store but limited selection though I found the pistol I wanted on sale and w/$50 manufacturer mail in rebate. I've had a CHL for decades and bought many firearms across the state at gun shows, LGS, and from private party during that time. ATF form completed digitally, BGC done and left with purchase in hand in 45".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top