JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People are still mad about Sportsman's interpretation of when Measure 114 would go into effect? Even though it was entirely—and since determined to be accurately—based off of current Oregon statute for when ballot measures take effect?

These threads are becoming tiresome as so many members keep directing anger and blame for this situation on all of the wrong people/places!

The current process at Sportsman's is frustratingly slow, but again, we have proponents and voters for Measure 114 to blame.
Nope, just upset that it's the 1st of December and they are saying something that should be available until the 8th is not.

You choose the big box store experience, you get the big box store experience. Could have used a small mom and pop.

Well this is new, I went to check on a gun that I purchased from Sportsman's online over 3 weeks ago that was supposed to be shipped to the store and it's still in "shipped" status. Now it says it's restricted in my area. I have to wait until after Dec 8th to be able to talk to a manager to get my $$ back because I'm not waiting 8 hours in line.

Between taking an aggressive stance on the cutoff date before any info was out, the ridiculously slow customer service, and now they are already saying things are restricted on their website. I'm done with sportsman's warehouse.

View attachment 1322292
That sucks, but so does Sportsman's shipping. In my experience they're so slow and disorganized -- shipping isn't their thing (in 2022??!) so they probably erred on the side of caution knowing it probably wouldn't get to you in time.

Well this is new, I went to check on a gun that I purchased from Sportsman's online over 3 weeks ago that was supposed to be shipped to the store and it's still in "shipped" status. Now it says it's restricted in my area. I have to wait until after Dec 8th to be able to talk to a manager to get my $$ back because I'm not waiting 8 hours in line.

Between taking an aggressive stance on the cutoff date before any info was out, the ridiculously slow customer service, and now they are already saying things are restricted on their website. I'm done with sportsman's warehouse.

View attachment 1322292
I have also ordered from sportsman's. Mine just showed at store Tuesday, a week late. Also the charges dropped off the card I used. And you don't pay for the gun until you pick it up. So you can also just call the customer service line and they can cancel the order. I haven't gone down to the store to try and purchase mine. But two weeks ago I went there and got an instant background on a pistol no CHL. It was 5 hour wait but I just went home for a few hours went back no point in standing at the store that long.

Nope, just upset that it's the 1st of December and they are saying something that should be available until the 8th is not.
It will also show shipment pending till it's at the store and checked in so it can sit at the store a few days before your notification. They are overwhelmed with what's going on. But yes they are also just slow. When I made my in-store purchase a few weeks back they told me the delivery dates were longer than what the system says. Also it's probably showing not available because it won't make it in time shipping wise. I'm probably not going to go get the Glock sitting at the store waiting for me just not worth the effort and if you don't get an instant BGC then what's the point.

You choose the big box store experience, you get the big box store experience. Could have used a small mom and pop.
looking at the lines to get any attention at sportsmans is crazy same with cabelas. During this whole time i was able to go to smaller shops with no lines. maybe a 5min wait for other customers to clear out. Fishermans had no line and had some nice firearms there i will not stand in a bread line.

I go to the small stores 95% of the time, this was just one gun that I couldn't find available elsewhere.

I just thought it was interesting that Sportsman's started saying "Restricted in your area" a week before it supposedly goes into effect.

I go to the small stores 95% of the time, this was just one gun that I couldn't find available elsewhere.

I just thought it was interesting that Sportsman's started saying "Restricted in your area" a week before it supposedly goes into effect.
I also ordered from Sportmans because all the small shops I go to didn't have in stock and told me the distributors were out. It's just messed up all over.

Hmm, maybe you voted against initiative petition number 114. I suspect you secretly voted for Joe Biden for president, wait-and-see wait and see wait and see…

I also ordered from Sportmans because all the small shops I go to didn't have in stock and told me the distributors were out. It's just messed up all over.
I've ordered a firearm once from sportsmans. The package was lost by FedEx and took them 3 weeks to resolve it. If I cant find it local I will just buy from gun broker or other places and ship it to my ffl.

Last Edited:

Is it time to dump some stocks in this sector? Or maybe, after the earning reports?

Aloha, Mark

PS......Rrrrrrright.......
The news reporter had to explain what a "magazine" is.

So.......the voters of OR actually had a chance to vote on something that they know NOTHING about?
WOW. What a way to govern.

Last Edited:
well it took 9 days for Fedex to ship my gun. so anyone buying a gun online today will likely not arrive before the 8th when it will be illegal. why would they wast money shipping a gun that won't arrive before its illegal and possible get them in trouble, if it did arrive somehow quickly it still wouldn't pass BGC in time.

I've ordered a firearm once from sportsmans. The package was lost by FedEx and took them 3 weeks to resolve it. If I cant find it local I will just buy from gun broker or other places and ship it to my ffl.
Yeah I agree, I don't buy from Spotsmans but weeks ago places stoped doing transfers too. And all my LGS were no help in getting the Glock I wanted. I'm I'm ok without the gun I ordered, it's not worth the problems. Anyway I just went to sportsman's and 2 hrs after they open they are only at number 7 I pulled a ticked at number 74 there's no way 74 is happening today. I'm giving up have plenty of guns and got one last week anyway.

I have one firearm purchase waiting on the BGC. I of course would like some others but my collection is good.

Yeah I agree, I don't buy from Spotsmans but weeks ago places stoped doing transfers too. And all my LGS were no help in getting the Glock I wanted. I'm I'm ok without the gun I ordered, it's not worth the problems. Anyway I just went to sportsman's and 2 hrs after they open they are only at number 7 I pulled a ticked at number 74 there's no way 74 is happening today. I'm giving up have plenty of guns and got one last week anyway.
Check G4 in north plains. Few glocks and shadows as well

Just checks again and I moved 2506 spots since last Friday so 6 days. 417 a day far down from what they did 2 days prior to that. They did 1500 in two days then 2500 in 6 days so inconsistent
I might make it no way anyone at 7000 will :/

Well our local Ace Hardware is letting them go after three days so they got me on a new Franklin armory rifle with a factory binary trigger, just for reasons. Excellent price, and with my CHL I was 8200/32,000 at lunch. I can pick it up monday :D

Filled out the form today at a local FFL - w/CPL was told there's an 8,000 backlog, which beats the 30,000 non-CPL waitlist I suppose. It was around 2pm - owner said NICS was down too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top