JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep getting pushed back in line.... I'm just as far away from approval as I was when I started this thing... I may not need the gun (I've got enough, believe me), I may not be in a particular hurry for it, but still, it is frustrating.

I keep getting pushed back in line.... I'm just as far away from approval as I was when I started this thing... I may not need the gun (I've got enough, believe me), I may not be in a particular hurry for it, but still, it is frustrating.
Same with me . I'm futher down the line than I started.non chl , started at 11300 now 16500 . Second one 16000now 18500. Did a third yesterday got 28000 . First one filled on nov 4th so I will be going over 30 days !!! 🤬

Started background check last Wednesday at 4:40 PM. Was initially #6547 on
the CHL waitlist.
Now, 6 working days later (OSP closed Thanksgiving) I am at 3,280.
6547-3280=3267 in 6 days. 545 per day.
3280 divided by 545= 6 more days.

Should get approval by next Tuesday.

Using my CCL, yesterday I was number 7554, I did have TWO guns on my 4473 and that could be a factor. One was a Handgun, XDM40, and I took the three 16-round magazines home. The other gun was a bolt action rifle I had on consignment, I can wait without any anxiety

Started background check last Wednesday at 4:40 PM. Was initially #6547 on
the CHL waitlist.
Now, 6 working days later (OSP closed Thanksgiving) I am at 3,280.
6547-3280=3267 in 6 days. 545 per day.
3280 divided by 545= 6 more days.

Should get approval by next Tuesday.
I was 5563 last Tuesday then 4045 Friday moved 1518 spots in two days. I should be close to done then if your numbers are right.
Thought could be some days they did 1000 and others only 200. So we can't even estimate how long we might have left.
Possible I'm around 1500ish based on this. Wish they'd release their daily number and have site we could check our status

I was 5563 last Tuesday then 4045 Friday moved 1518 spots in two days. I should be close to done then if your numbers are right.
Thought could be some days they did 1000 and others only 200. So we can't even estimate how long we might have left.
Possible I'm around 1500ish based on this. Wish they'd release their daily number and have site we could check our status
OSP's 2020 end of year report notes average daily totals in a chart on page 2 of the doc referenced below. As you noted, some days average more checks than others, but I'm not sure how that translates to the cluster that is 8 days until BM114 implementation…

Well this is new, I went to check on a gun that I purchased from Sportsman's online over 3 weeks ago that was supposed to be shipped to the store and it's still in "shipped" status. Now it says it's restricted in my area. I have to wait until after Dec 8th to be able to talk to a manager to get my $$ back because I'm not waiting 8 hours in line.

Between taking an aggressive stance on the cutoff date before any info was out, the ridiculously slow customer service, and now they are already saying things are restricted on their website. I'm done with sportsman's warehouse.

1000000685.jpg

Well this is new, I went to check on a gun that I purchased from Sportsman's online over 3 weeks ago that was supposed to be shipped to the store and it's still in "shipped" status. Now it says it's restricted in my area. I have to wait until after Dec 8th to be able to talk to a manager to get my $$ back because I'm not waiting 8 hours in line.

Between taking an aggressive stance on the cutoff date before any info was out, the ridiculously slow customer service, and now they are already saying things are restricted on their website. I'm done with sportsman's warehouse.

View attachment 1322292
Padding the three day background check by a day.

Who would have seen this one coming?

View attachment 1322292
People are still mad about Sportsman's interpretation of when Measure 114 would go into effect? Even though it was entirely—and since determined to be accurately—based off of current Oregon statute for when ballot measures take effect?

These threads are becoming tiresome as so many members keep directing anger and blame for this situation on all of the wrong people/places!

The current process at Sportsman's is frustratingly slow, but again, we have proponents and voters for Measure 114 to blame.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top