JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another instant yesterday. The queue is down to around 17,000. Still insane, but seems like it is slowly getting shorter, and I am guessing now that many places are doing the 3 day release, a large chunk of those already have their guns. Glad I somehow ended up on the 'always instant' list, as I dont think I could have waited even the 3 days to pick up the new Staccato!! Woot!

B90BCA3C-7A92-4D22-8A11-8D79E55D97AC.jpeg

Another instant yesterday. The queue is down to around 17,000. Still insane, but seems like it is slowly getting shorter, and I am guessing now that many places are doing the 3 day release, a large chunk of those already have their guns. Glad I somehow ended up on the 'always instant' list, as I dont think I could have waited even the 3 days to pick up the new Staccato!! Woot!

View attachment 1390796
Anyone know where we are date wise? I was mid December and still waiting.

I went into the queue Jan 13 and cleared Mar 14.

I checked every week and the average number cleared per day ranged from 227/dy to 380/day, with an outlier of 90/dy. That, plus Kd7vdb's experience, makes me think it's not strictly first-in-first-out.

Anyone know where we are date wise? I was mid December and still waiting.
I was told they were processing Jan 17th sales 2 weeks ago on Mar 17th. But someone a few days later said they purchased on Jan 24 and picked their gun up I think March 20/21.

So you should have already been cleared. Perhaps giving a call to whomever you purchased from would be advisable.

When I got in the queue I was given an "auto delay date" of exactly 2 months later, and I cleared a day or two after that. When you check with your FFL ask about that.
That has been added on to everyone's put into the system, pre-114 it put on the auto delay just to have it be under review and then pass a moment later..

I was at BiMart Tues and a guy was looking at a few pistols outside the case, with the clerk. Then I went to Sportsman's because I misread the sales ad: $14 for Winchester 7.62x51! No, it was for 7.62x39.

Anyway, there was a decent line at the gun counter. I haven't been to any gun stores or shows in a while. It looked almost normal. Ammo was plentiful but almost double the cost. At the lower end I see new brands showing up. Not really interested.

Between weather, illness and work, I can't recall if I've actually shot this year. I must have but I can't remember.

Hello I am still waiting since end of January.
How is that possible? Reading some replies here looks like I should have already been approved.

I called the gun store a couple weeks ago and he said we just need to wait nothing he can do.
What could have happened? Is anybody still waiting since January? What options do I have?
Thank you!

How is that possible? Reading some replies here looks like I should have already been approved.

I called the gun store a couple weeks ago and he said we just need to wait nothing he can do.
What could have happened? Is anybody still waiting since January? What options do I have?
Thank you!
They're lying to you. Get them to call it in or give you a refund.

Thank you!
Are you under 21, by chance? I sold a rifle to someone who turned out to have been 20 at the time, and apparently there's a different/separate process for them. Submitted the BGC back in early/mid November 2022 and didn't get cleared till late March 2023. Didn't actually expect it would ever happen.

I talked to a gal the other day who is a long time emp of Bi-Mart (Sporting goods dept) and she told me a guy bought a gun the other day at the Bend store, no CHL, and cleared within minutes.

She believes the 'system' sometimes clears certain people automatically based on certain criteria such as zero legal issues, maybe age etc.

Makes sense because how can a non CHL holder clear immediately with the que as high as it is if required 'hands on' from a BGC worker?

I talked to a gal the other day who is a long time emp of Bi-Mart (Sporting goods dept) and she told me a guy bought a gun the other day at the Bend store, no CHL, and cleared within minutes.

She believes the 'system' sometimes clears certain people automatically based on certain criteria such as zero legal issues, maybe age etc.

Makes sense because how can a non CHL holder clear immediately with the que as high as it is if required 'hands on' from a BGC worker?
I hope this is a joke. There are countless reports of instants on this thread and others, so many that people were complaining that it doesn't help to report your instants.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top