JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We're in a buyers market now, so to speak. Demand has tanked, but the market still has a generous supply. I agree, if there's something your after, nows a good time to secure it, sans 114 tracking.

Expect things will be different in another 60 days or so…
I heard that now is a good time to buy a few key accessories for your gun...

74084601-4C5D-4C28-BC50-4EE479B9059C.jpeg

Been busy at work and haven't paid attention to the forms lately. Going to bring in a lower, anyone know ffls doing transfers and 3day? Was going to call around tomorrow but a place to start calling would be awesome.

Been busy at work and haven't paid attention to the forms lately. Going to bring in a lower, anyone know ffls doing transfers and 3day? Was going to call around tomorrow but a place to start calling would be awesome.
Tigard pawn is I believe.

Tigard pawn is I believe.
I spoke to them two weeks ago, and they were applying to the ATF for it, if I remember correctly. I didn't know you had to do that.

I've got an FFL near me who is calling in to OSP directly, and he's getting good results with instant background checks, so I'm looking at Mossberg shotguns with my card out right now.

I spoke to them two weeks ago, and they were applying to the ATF for it, if I remember correctly. I didn't know you had to do that.

I've got an FFL near me who is calling in to OSP directly, and he's getting good results with instant background checks, so I'm looking at Mossberg shotguns with my card out right now.
No idea why they would be applying to the ATF for a transfer…..

I just got an instant the other day at Oregon Rifleworks. I've yet to get anything other than an instant.

No idea why they would be applying to the ATF for a transfer…..

I just got an instant the other day at Oregon Rifleworks. I've yet to get anything other than an instant.
I made a mistake and misread the email reply they sent me. They are applying the 3 day rule on a case-by-case basis, not "applying to the ATF for the 3-day rule". My mistake, sorry about that.

For reference, here's the email discussions between myself and Tim Barnes of Tigard Pawn 4 More:

To whom it may concern,

I have a gentleman on a firearms forum who wants to use you to transfer a Mossberg 590 over to me (we haven't done the deal yet, I'm still deciding). My question is: would I be stuck in the current OSP background check que, and would I potentially be waiting for weeks on end to receive this? And if so, if M114 gets approved by the courts and goes into effect before I receive the gun, would the gun stay there at your shop until I get a permit, and would I be charged a fee for keeping it there?

I do not have a Concealed Carry Permit, so I don't think I'm eligible for instant approval if that helps.

Thank you very much for your time.
I wrote that not knowing some things that I know now. And here's the response they sent back:

Hello ______, we are applying the ATF 3day rule on a case by case basis, so, it is possible that you could receive the gun prior to OSP approval. If for some reason that could not happen then, yes the gun would remain in our possession until approved by OSP and storage charges would start after the first 30 days at $1 a day. We highly doubt that 114 will have any chance of being implemented before Summer is over but, you never know. The state Supreme Court has slapped down two different requests to override the Harney County judge. Those requests came from the Governor and the state Attorney General, the State Supreme Court also said "don't bug us again with this" You read into that as you see fit, personally, I don't see the measure ever seeing the light of day.
Hope that helps.

I made a mistake and misread the email reply they sent me. They are applying the 3 day rule on a case-by-case basis, not "applying to the ATF for the 3-day rule". My mistake, sorry about that.

For reference, here's the email discussions between myself and Tim Barnes of Tigard Pawn 4 More:

I wrote that not knowing some things that I know now. And here's the response they sent back:

Hope that helps.
You need a concealed carry permit my friend. Like yesterday.

Having a conceal carry permit doesn't help me much with instant approvals since 114. Before 114 I would get instant approvals with every one of my purchase. My last 8 purchases since 114 I've been in the queue. I've been only doing purchases with dealers who does the 3 day release.

We're in a buyers market now, so to speak. Demand has tanked, but the market still has a generous supply. I agree, if there's something your after, nows a good time to secure it, sans 114 tracking.

Expect things will be different in another 60 days or so…
This is very true. I have picked up some amazing deals over the last couple of months. I wish wasn't abstaining from further purchases but that means more great deals for the rest of you. I think sellers are realizing that the economy is going to crap, buyers are burnt out and if Measure 114 ever takes effect, Oregon sales will fall off a cliff.

You need a concealed carry permit my friend. Like yesterday.
I have 2, several approved ATF stamps and like you, have served so the government for which it stands has already had all the alphabets crawl up my bubblegum with ice boots and picks.
Yet the last time i did a transfer, i was dumped in the que at >25,000. Thankfully Tigard Pawn let me have the firearm after 72 business hours.
I remember a time, not to long ago when my greatest wait time was 30 minutes
This 'slow-down' is infuriating.

Saturday with a chl I was over 9000 with my transfer. The guy I was transferring with had no chl and was over 21000 in the que. Thankfully the three day rule is still in affect

I have 2, several approved ATF stamps and like you, have served so the government for which it stands has already had all the alphabets crawl up my bubblegum with ice boots and picks.
Yet the last time i did a transfer, i was dumped in the que at >25,000. Thankfully Tigard Pawn let me have the firearm after 72 business hours.
I remember a time, not to long ago when my greatest wait time was 30 minutes
This 'slow-down' is infuriating.
Hasn't happened to me yet. I hope my luck doesn't run out. Haha

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads