JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
During the heart of the chaos, there were literally hundreds of packages coming in. Their back room looked like a war zone, and the staff were pulling many extra hours outside of business hours, trying to handle It all. They have a clear policy that you need to wait until they call you before coming in, as they need to open, check in and inventory the firearm. I am kinda sorta a 'regular', only because i have a lot of guns shipped there, and even i know to wait until 'the call'. Just because your tracking number says 'delivered' doesnt mean they have it sitting on a shelf waiting for you. I saw their backrooms the weeks right when everything was hitting, and it was insane. Every day at opening day they would have a line around the building waiting for them to open their doors. If you do wait until the call, your experience is very good- you walk in, give them your name, and they will have the inventoried item out very quickly, paperwork ready to rock. During the heart of chaos I was usually in and out in less than 15 minutes, which included completing the CBC and getting instant approvals, and out the door with my firearm in hand.
I totally get it and have purchased a half dozen firearms since 114 so I've been a part and witness to the craziness first hand. It really wasn't so much policy for me as that makes perfect sense, it was just the rudeness. I'm a business owner myself so I suppose I always look through different lenses.

Ya know, lots of people have been sharing when they filled out their forms and when they got approval. What the op asked isn't unreasonable or stupid.
If you don't know the answer you could just, idk, not say anything?
Oh so "lots of people" can tell anyone who buys a gun anywhere what their status is with the OSP? Well then by all means share your vast knowledge with the OP. Did you tell him what his status is?

Check with this guy:

1676177244708.png

I took a chance and bought a handgun online earlier today. I hope I can get it through quickly. I didn't really need it, I just wanted it and screw the tyrants.

Hell one of my vehicles was in the shop at a dealer for several weeks. Place was hard to get on the phone to get an ETA on when the part would be in so I could get my car back. I guess instead of calling the dealers service department I should have just asked here .

We bought us a Springfield Ronin 9mm 1911 last Wednesday from Northwest Armory and Wife went in the que at 9000. But they do the 3-day thing. So we pick it up on her day off, Wednesday this week. Be curious to see where she is in the que after eight days?

I checked last week and I had moved up in the queue 996 positions in 11 days, or 90/day. I'm now at ~6000.

I wish someone around here did 3-day releases

Does anyone else have any stats on how many they're clearing per day?

I checked last week and I had moved up in the queue 996 positions in 11 days, or 90/day. I'm now at ~6000.

I wish someone around here did 3-day releases

Does anyone else have any stats on how many they're clearing per day?

about 150-200 per day.
Reminder that the Concealed Handgun Licence queue to jump ahead of non CHLholders is no more. The system still puts you in the front part of the queue, as i am sure they have it programmed that way and cant easily change it, however it is now first come first serve in order received. So if the queue overall is around 20K today, with 9k of those being CHL, if you are a CHL holder you will show up as 9001, but really you are 20,001. Meaning anyone in the CHL queue and is monitoring how fast their number is shrinking, it is actually going faster than that, as non CHL holders are being processed at the same time "above" you. Of course, that doesnt also count us lucky "Instant" folks, of which there are many. Picked this up Saturday, with instant approval: B867E38E-852A-4060-A10E-7CF4B0B5DE7C.jpeg
3D6EC4CC-5D59-4545-9F4F-D20D7ECC3EA1.jpeg

Reminder that the Concealed Handgun Licence queue to jump ahead of non CHLholders is no more. The system still puts you in the front part of the queue, as i am sure they have it programmed that way and cant easily change it, however it is now first come first serve in order received. So if the queue overall is around 20K today, with 9k of those being CHL, if you are a CHL holder you will show up as 9001, but really you are 20,001. Meaning anyone in the CHL queue and is monitoring how fast their number is shrinking, it is actually going faster than that, as non CHL holders are being processed at the same time "above" you. Of course, that doesnt also count us lucky "Instant" folks, of which there are many. Picked this up Saturday, with instant approval:View attachment 1369934
View attachment 1369936
The gal at Northwest Armory that sent her info in told us she felt the percentage of instant approvals were running in the 35%-45% range. I have to wonder if I had done the form if I would have been instant approval? NO one in Oregon, and very few in the U.S., have my last name. First name is common but spelled different than most.

Is there anyone doing 3 day transfers for folks WITHOUT a CWP? Is that even a thing?
I think Ticklicker in Salem is doing 5 days. They have some pretty cool stuff in stock right now too.

Reminder that the Concealed Handgun Licence queue to jump ahead of non CHLholders is no more. The system still puts you in the front part of the queue, as i am sure they have it programmed that way and cant easily change it, however it is now first come first serve in order received. So if the queue overall is around 20K today, with 9k of those being CHL, if you are a CHL holder you will show up as 9001, but really you are 20,001.
^^Correct. I am normally an "instant approval" w/ CHL + SS# + unusual last name, but yesterday I went in the queue around 9,000...

I wouldn't bother if 114 wasn't looming. Obviously I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.. No chance in hell I'm ever paying for a permit or registering anything. So worse come to worst this it.

The gal at Northwest Armory that sent her info in told us she felt the percentage of instant approvals were running in the 35%-45% range. I have to wonder if I had done the form if I would have been instant approval? NO one in Oregon, and very few in the U.S., have my last name. First name is common but spelled different than most.
Yeah, who spells Mike with a silent "J" . . . ;-)

You probably had the same sales staff i had, as my last three purchases were also NWArmory, and all the same folks working each time. They said too that they typically see more instants at the start of the day, so not sure if that is because the people working the queue are fresh or something . . .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top