JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, as of 12:25 pm, Kevin Starrett (on Lars Larson) stated that a state judge in Harney County provide a 10 day temporary restraining order on the whole of 114. Rosenbaum needs to show up in Harney county on the 13th with arguments why 114 should move forward…
Good location.
I still wonder how it got transferred from Pendleton to Portland? No doubt the judges in Pedlenton would be more aligned with our views vs. one from the pool in Portland.

Im now 600 s they did 300 a day last 3 days
Cabela's has packed up everything and is shipping any guns that hold over 10 rounds out of state. Seems they started before the court cases came back

You jumped to the front of the line somehow. No way they cleared 8k BGC's ahead of you in that timeframe.

Someone in another thread said they had a friend in the non-CHL line that's only been in the queue for "two weeks" that just got cleared. If this is true, their friend also got pushed to the front of the line somehow. There are still people in the non-CHL queue that've been there longer than two weeks; some people closer to a month.
They most certainly did not

So, as of 12:25 pm, Kevin Starrett (on Lars Larson) stated that a state judge in Harney County provide a 10 day temporary restraining order on the whole of 114. Rosenbaum needs to show up in Harney county on the 13th with arguments why 114 should move forward…
They plan to appeal to the Oregon Supreme Court before then to have it overturned so few days

They most certainly did not
I have had this happen to two of my customers now. They were both in the long line (non-CHL). All of a sudden they jumped 10,000 people. I believe what happened is an employee accidentally pulled them out of the queue. Once they do that, they have to complete the background check or it screws them up (they sit there forever and no one ever looks at it). It is also possible an OSP employee is randomly picking people on purpose.

The concern regarding shotguns is how to you quantify the mag tube limit.
If the manufacturer sells a shotgun with a 3" chamber and says it has a capacity of "6 + 1" this typically means the magazine tube can hold seven 3" shells (21" long mag tube) with one in the chamber.
But if you load that same mag tube with mini shells (1.75" shells) you could fit 12 shells in the mag tube, exceeding the 10 round limit.
Does this violate BM114?
As the ballot measure is written, it only excludes tube fed 22lr and lever actions. There's no mention of tube fed shotguns. So shotguns fall into a grey area at the moment, hence the chatter.

The concern regarding shotguns is how to you quantify the mag tube limit.
If the manufacturer sells a shotgun with a 3" chamber and says it has a capacity of "6 + 1" this typically means the magazine tube can hold seven 3" shells (21" long mag tube) with one in the chamber.
But if you load that same mag tube with mini shells (1.75" shells) you could fit 12 shells in the mag tube, exceeding the 10 round limit.
Does this violate BM114?
As the ballot measure is written, it only excludes tube fed 22lr and lever actions. There's no mention of tube fed shotguns. So shotguns fall into a grey area at the moment, hence the chatter.
Beyond that, what about shotguns that will physically hold more than 10 mini shells, but will not cycle them?
I can load my 590 with more than 10 mini shells, but it will not load them into the chamber without an adapter I do not have.

You all need to forget about this, your either going to get it or your not. Seems like everyone is trying to "anticipate" what they are going to do next. Live your lives as free men, or die on your knees. Quit trying to interpret a law that is unconstitutional and just live your life as you see fit.

Beyond that, what about shotguns that will physically hold more than 10 mini shells, but will not cycle them?
I can load my 590 with more than 10 mini shells, but it will not load them into the chamber without an adapter I do not have.
Exactly. The whole thing is a weird gray area that honestly can get a little silly. But we are in Oregon, so I see the concern.
Would be nice to have this black and white so there's no confusion. But that's definitely too much to ask considering who we're dealing with.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top