JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife orderd a Ar9 lower to a small shop here in Salem that's new on Friday it got shipped in today they called at 6pm and said come get it I'm here until 9 tonight..... we picked it up then the shop I bought mine from on the 8th called me when I walked in the door from picking hers up and said hey were doing the 3 day rule your way passed it come get it tomorrow when we're open..... it's a Christmas $@%*ing metrical I tell your what

FE2414DD-B06B-4BB0-A394-CEDD7D331A91.jpeg

My wife orderd a Ar9 lower to a small shop here in Salem that's new on Friday it got shipped in today they called at 6pm and said come get it I'm here until 9 tonight..... we picked it up then the shop I bought mine from on the 8th called me when I walked in the door from picking hers up and said hey were doing the 3 day rule your way passed it come get it tomorrow when we're open..... it's a Christmas $@%*ing metrical I tell your what

View attachment 1322710
What shops? Sounds like I need to buy from them. Tick licker isn't doing it

But two weeks ago I went there and got an instant background on a pistol no CHL. It was 5 hour wait but I just went home for a few hours went back no point in standing at the store that long.
Was the 5 hr wait after the check? Or did it take 5hrs to run the check?

If the latter, then it wasn't instant check.
Jack

At sportsman's, probably 5hrs to get service after taking a number.
I just went to Sportsman's at 7:50 and I'm 36 tickets back so I figured that's a good 5 hrs probably. I just went home to chill. I'm not going to sit there all day. I did this 2 weeks ago and did the same got an instant BGC. I was 26 behind from opening and it was about 1 pm when I checked out.

What shops? Sounds like I need to buy from them. Tick licker isn't doing it
Can confirm that Tick Licker dropped the ball. I've never waited before (CHL holder). I've been waiting way longer than 3 days.

Not entirely sure what happened there. During the pandemic they were pretty careful to follow the law, and they were one of the few places that didn't gouge on ammo prices.

CHL line

5900 @10:15 am 11/23
1838 @ 1:30 pm 12/2

About 500 each day minus the 24th
I'm probably going to barely make it. 2-2.5k and above are prob outta luck at this time if you don't get that 3 day release. My FFL won't do it.

Not looking good for anyone in the queue...unless the judge has some good news for us early next week.

UPDATE ON THE STATUS OF FICS TRANSACTIONS IN THE PENDED/DELAYED QUEUE - OREGON
News Release from Oregon State Police
Posted on FlashAlert: December 2nd, 2022 2:00 PM

BM114 becomes law on December 8, 2022. Since November 8, 2022, the FICS unit has experienced unprecedented volumes of firearms transactions never seen before in the program's 26-year history. OSP continues to work diligently to process and resolve as many of the pended/delayed FICS transactions as possible.
FICS transactions that are not completed with an approval number by midnight on December 7, 2022, will require the purchaser to initiate their permit application to obtain a Permit-to-Purchase before their FICS transaction can resume. This means your FICS transaction will not be canceled on December 8th. Once the purchaser has an approved permit, the FICS transaction will resume.
It is important to note that many times pended/delayed FICS transactions are due to missing, incomplete, or incorrect information. When there is missing or incomplete information on a person's Computerized Criminal History (CCH), OSP must contact the agency that is the owner of that information to obtain official records so that OSP can determine whether the person is approved for the firearm purchase. The agencies contacted most for missing or incomplete information are the Courts or District Attorneys' offices throughout the United States. There are no required timelines for the agencies to respond to our requests for missing or incomplete information. By statute, the information within the FICS transaction database can only be held for five years.
Oregon State Police has worked with Permit Agents regarding the application form for the Permit-to-Purchase. The draft application is in the final review with permitting agencies and will be posted to the Oregon State Police's website and available to those wishing to apply for a Permit-to-Purchase on December 8, 2022.
With BM114 becoming law on December 8, 2022, this gives Oregon State Police a very short window to develop a program and have technology available for use on day 1 of the new law. Because of this, the Permit-to-Purchase program at Oregon State Police will be a manual paper process until new technical systems can be designed and implemented.

Picked up my AP5P (mp5k clone) today at my dealer. I have a Oregon CHL. The background check started at 10:20 am and took 2 minutes to get approved. I have always got instant approval. My dealer said he has several other CHL guys that usually get instant approval that have been waiting a week. Glad I was able to get one more purchase in before the 8th. Smoking deal on the MKE clones during black friday!

20221202_114804.jpg

Picked up my AP5P (mp5k clone) today at my dealer. I have a Oregon CHL. The background check started at 10:20 am and took 2 minutes to get approved. I have always got instant approval. My dealer said he has several other CHL guys that usually get instant approval that have been waiting a week. Glad I was able to get one more purchase in before the 8th. Smoking deal on the MKE clones during black friday!

View attachment 1323076
Awesome! You will love it. I got the 8in ap5 this summer. I should of bought one a long time ago

CHL Line update (my place in line):

11/25 at around 1:30 p.m. - 7,000

Today 12/2 at 4:01 p.m. - 3,700

So roughly 500 a day it seems. At this rate, it doesn't look like I'm going to make it unless OSP ramps those checks up.

Lets hope the judge puts a stop on this Monday/Tuesday..

Yep the ap5 are at least using old HK tooling and what you paid and I paid makes it even better.
Also they have been made for umpteen years by mke and sold as zenith brand before and they had a good rep. It wasn't that long ago (maybe a year?) where they were going for $2499. I like the current $1150ish much better. I got the short version and I like it with red dot and brace.

I got the ap5p with one magazine and the SB folding brace from Classic during the black friday sale for $1229 ! Of course after next day air shipping and my ffl charge I'm into it $1327. Still way cheaper then they were. Came in the hard case to.

20221202_105829.jpg 20221202_113526.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads