JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really lean this too. I had a slight delay awhile back and the shop owner thought it was strange so he checked the entry. Come to find out the clerk who entered made a mistake and used a different first name at time of transfer.

I am willing to bet a majority of stalls are people brain farting doing clerical entries.
Yep, after checking in on my transfer which I got thrown in the que, the operator put my name in wrong. Re sent my background with chl and got instant approval. The shop did say about 11% of all chl holders do get pulled for their background

I was back at Coat of Arms to buy another complete lower from a NWFA member today. Last weekend I was put in the queue at around 3400. I am currently around 1400 for that lower. For the lower I bought today I was put in the queue at about 2700 so the queue is shrinking. They are going to wait and call me when the latest one is approved so I only have to make one more trip down there.

Did a transfer a couple days ago (purchaser). Presented CHL. Was told I was placed in the queue. 2300 ahead of me. apporx. 2 weeks wait time according to FFL. This is a first for me.

My former business partner bought a gun while farting around at Bi Mart today - he sent me a text asking about a particular rifle. Within minutes of me telling him they're decent guns and the price was decent, he decided to buy it. He walked out 15 minutes later with his rifle. He does have a fairly uncommon last name, and is a CHL holder. He didn't say (Bi Mart might not have told him) what the que was up to. I did warn him that I'd seen on here that the checks have been in the thousands.

Are CCW holders still getting instant approvals?
I got instant approval on 18OCT22. So did the other individual I met up with at the FFL. We were out of the shop in no more than 10 minutes. We both had CHLs.

At this point I don't know why someone wouldn't apply for a CHL. Even if you don't intend to conceal carry.

I've got a CHL and a very uncommon last name. Apparently, that's always gotten me out in less than 20 minutes. I'd rather wait than give up my SSN. The fewer databases that have it, the better.
Yup. Never used SS#, however do have CHL & rare family name.

Bought some handguns last week, "instant" approval. I "think" the queue was around 2800, IRRC-I asked the FFL, just don't recall the exact #...

When I go to pick up a few of the PSA firearms Ive ordered Ill have to ask the FFL.
Im sure between holidays, midterms and this insane 114 nonsense the system will be fairly screwy and backlogged.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top