JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Several days ago at my transferring FFL I saw a CHL go through in several minutes. The counter person said it would have been around two weeks without it. Nice side benefit of having a CHL.

Instead of next year, I've personally sold 5 firearms over the last two months mainly due to the fact 114 may very well pass. A lot easier now for buyers than the mess after the November elections.
Agreed and good point, sale prices are going to go in the toilet. Even when they get the process figured out many buyers will put off getting the license.

Last Edited:
Agreed and good point, sale prices are going to go in the toilet. Even when they get the process figured out many buyers will put off getting the liscense.
Yep, i just sold my first firearm, unfortunately due to this thought alone, hard to sell something when there are no buyers. I had planned on selling it anyway, and doing a clone build to replace it, measure 114 just moved up that timeline.

I've spoken to two people that have had experience with the ways and means committee in the Oregon legislature. Both seem to agree that 18 to 24 months time frame until a permit system is in place is a reasonable estimate. That is IF state, county, and city funding measures, training programs, training facilities, procedures, approved written and practical tests, and personnel are in place. That is not in all counties or municipalities since some will simply not have the resources or desire to facilitate the program. This isn't just small counties. Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas could simply decide to not fund it.

Essentially, gun sales will cease in Oregon for the foreseeable future, and most gun stores will be out of business.

Don't wait. KILL IT NOW. If you're not actively encouraging people to vote, and vote no on 114, IMO, you are complicit in it passing.

I just did a transfer with a CHL Friday (Oct 7). Pulled the short straw, I am 2,500 in line. Shop said it would be a few weeks. Called today and the transfers on Sep 20 are currently being worked on.

I have no empirical proof of this, BUT,..............I KNOW Kate Brown ordered the OSP to "Slow Walk" the BGC's starting at the beginning of the Plandemic and continuing to this day! At one point I was in Que with over 5000 ahead of me, took 4 days to clear! And don't get me started on OSP Canceling a BGC on me ( With CCW) which ended up taking 30 days! OSP is NEVER EVER allowed to Cancel a BGC, they can only Delay, Deny, or Clear once a BGC is submitted to them!

Again, I cannot "prove this" But I flat out KNOW K8 Did the deed!

I did a BGC last week took a few minutes with the ccw . I did buy two pistols a few weeks earlier at the same time from Bimart and their heads were about to explode and took a week . I do believe it was operator error not the system lol

I bought a 1917 Swede Mauser from a member, home FFL, of the SW Washington Arms Collectors today. Went to the show Sat and payed a C-note down and met him at his home today. He took my drivers license and entered it, and I was given the official Okey-Dokey just before I completed the form. WTH is wrong with Oregon? Yeah, being facetious. The issue starts with a "d". :s0117:

I have no CCL and have only had to wait a couple of times with two particular pawn shops. CLEARLY it's operator error and how the information is entered. As a rule, including in the last month, I'm out in a matter of minutes.

Last Edited:
I have no CCL and have only had to wait a couple of times two particular pawn shops. CLEARLY it's operator error and how the information is entered. As a rule, including the in the last month, I'm out in a matter of minutes.

I really lean this too. I had a slight delay awhile back and the shop owner thought it was strange so he checked the entry. Come to find out the clerk who entered made a mistake and used a different first name at time of transfer.

I am willing to bet a majority of stalls are people brain farting doing clerical entries.

For those who always get stuck in the queue what would be your cutoff number or date where you will not initate a transfer?

I don't want to initiate a transfer if there is a good chance that my spot in queue will carry over into effective date of M114 if it passes.

I hope that there was voter registration drives at the gunshows in Oregon.

GetFile.aspx.jpg

Purchased a SKS Paratrooper Model "M" today. That's the SKS paratrooper that takes the AK 47 mags. I didn't need it of course but dang, there it was. The point is I've been using my SS # lately on my forms and have had zero waiting times. The owner of the pawn shop told me less than 5% of the guns he sells leave out the door the same day.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top