JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SHOP NOW >
Half of Russians Fear Syria Could Spark WWIII
russian-air-force-warplane-640x480.png
SERGEY VENYAVSKY/AFP/Getty
by Breitbart Jerusalem31 Oct 2016130

MOSCOW (AFP) – Nearly half of Russians fear that Moscow's bombing campaign in Syria could spark World War III, a poll showed Monday.
Moscow, an ally of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, has been staging bombing raids in Syria since September 2015.

Forty-eight percent of Russians were concerned that "heightened tensions in relations between Russia and the West could grow into World War III," according to a poll conducted by independent pollster Levada Centre last week.

That figure was up from 29 percent in July this year.

Moscow's air strikes have negatively affected the way Russia is perceived internationally, 32 percent said, up from 16 percent in November.

Nevertheless, 52 percent of Russians said they back Moscow's air strikes, while 26 percent said they opposed them.

Asked whether Russia should continue "intervening in what is going on in Syria," 49 percent said yes, while 28 percent said no.

Western powers and rights groups have accused Syrian and Russian forces of carrying out indiscriminate attacks on civilian infrastructure in the country, particularly around the former economic powerhouse Aleppo, parts of which have been reduced to rubble.

Moscow announced on October 18 it was halting strikes on Aleppo in a moratorium that has so far lasted 14 days.

I do not want to go to war with Russia over some country in the middle of no where I will ever go in my lifetime. If we do not eliminate the enemy we will be fighting them when they get here. So it is no longer a choice of where we fight but when and how. However if we are going to War let it be before I am too old to fight.

I have been told and believe that the only thing worse than not fighting is not having anything worth fighting for. There are a lot of things worth fighting for in my opinion. Life is not without risk.

I'm thinking the issue is Russia opposed to USA sticking its' nose into Syria's business and we know who was instrumental in that regard. That alleged "Arab Spring" sparked ISIS. What a deal! ?

Regardless of how it was started they are a problem for our country and our way of life. ISIS does not like us or our country. I for one think they are wrong and we need to convince they are in such a way they will find life better and death less iminent by not messing with us.

I'm thinking the issue is Russia opposed to USA sticking its' nose into Syria's business and we know who was instrumental in that regard. That alleged "Arab Spring" sparked ISIS. What a deal! ?

Since WWII it has always been about proxy wars, in the Mid East, SE Asia....The Bear vs the Eagle, then also the wars of "liberation". Again, these often turn in to proxy wars. Russia has backed Syria since the end of WWII and the rise of Israel because we used to back Israel to the hilt and beyond. Any one remember the attack on the US Intel ship Liberty? Happened in 1967...LBJ let the Israelis get away with it.
Not the Dems finest hour by far....but US policy had bigger fish to fry...in SE Asia, what's a few dozen more dead sailors, right?

Brutus Out

Since WWII it has always been about proxy wars, in the Mid East, SE Asia....The Bear vs the Eagle, then also the wars of "liberation". Again, these often turn in to proxy wars. Russia has backed Syria since the end of WWII and the rise of Israel because we used to back Israel to the hilt and beyond. Any one remember the attack on the US Intel ship Liberty? Happened in 1967...LBJ let the Israelis get away with it.
Not the Dems finest hour by far....but US policy had bigger fish to fry...in SE Asia, what's a few dozen more dead sailors, right?

Brutus Out

The USS Liberty was attacked amidst the 7 day war, I think anyways. One could count that up as "fog of war", or "friendly fire", either way it was an unnecessary loss of life.

The Israelis have since paid reparations for that incident, with some supposedly going directly to the lost and injured sailors, or to there estates.

The Israelis even sent out general warnings to allied countries in regards to they're planned attacks on shipping. Which was missed by the USN, supposedly due to short staffing, and the standard cluster-bubblegum of communications thru government hacks onto the military.

The USS Liberty was attacked amidst the 7 day war, I think anyways. One could count that up as "fog of war", or "friendly fire", either way it was an unnecessary loss of life.

The Israelis have since paid reparations for that incident, with some supposedly going directly to the lost and injured sailors, or to there estates.

The Israelis even sent out general warnings to allied countries in regards to they're planned attacks on shipping. Which was missed by the USN, supposedly due to short staffing, and the standard cluster-bubblegum of communications thru government hacks onto the military.

The Liberty was in international waters at the time, they repeatedly identified themselves during the multiple strafing runs.... I won't comment on what wiki has to say because it doesn't appear their article matches my access to non public information 3 decades ago.
Blaming it on the fog of war or the US Navy "not getting the memo" are patently false, you could perhaps say the Israeli pilots misidentified the ship but they were clearly at fault and continued to attack despite being informed of the ship's nationality.

Brutus Out

The Liberty was in international waters at the time, they repeatedly identified themselves during the multiple strafing runs.... I won't comment on what wiki has to say because it doesn't appear their article matches my access to non public information 3 decades ago.
Blaming it on the fog of war or the US Navy "not getting the memo" are patently false, you could perhaps say the Israeli pilots misidentified the ship but they were clearly at fault and continued to attack despite being informed of the ship's nationality.

Brutus Out

I didn't know the ship was straffed, I had thought it was torpedoed/gun boat attacked. And I agree the Wiki info seems lacking.

To the OP.

If you want your current way of life to remain the same, you will have to be prepared enough in the areas that might be affected. Even then, you will forget something and have to be adaptable. Your faucet will drip, got parts? tools? knowhow? Your dog gets cut on a fence, got medical supplies? Want a haircut, can you cut your own hair? family member cut hair? willing to let it grow or shave it off? Lock your keys in your vehicle, got spares? can you pick a lock? willing to break a window then patch it up?

It just depends on how you wish to live and what you are able to do to get there from here. And the big question, can you hang onto it all if things get bad?

My advice is simple. Do the best you can with what you have. Get the stuff you think you might need sooner rather than later. Be alert at all times, and at all times have a plan.

Best of luck.

To the OP.

If you want your current way of life to remain the same, you will have to be prepared enough in the areas that might be affected. Even then, you will forget something and have to be adaptable. Your faucet will drip, got parts? tools? knowhow? Your dog gets cut on a fence, got medical supplies? Want a haircut, can you cut your own hair? family member cut hair? willing to let it grow or shave it off? Lock your keys in your vehicle, got spares? can you pick a lock? willing to break a window then patch it up?

It just depends on how you wish to live and what you are able to do to get there from here. And the big question, can you hang onto it all if things get bad?

My advice is simple. Do the best you can with what you have. Get the stuff you think you might need sooner rather than later. Be alert at all times, and at all times have a plan.

Best of luck.

Solid advice there. Be adaptable....we all might have to be car pooling...--shudder---

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top